So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm

Re: Halo 4

It's just meh to me, but I posted a video in case it's what people were waiting for to push them over that threshold into buying the game.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
I would recommend buying halo 4 if you enjoyed halo 1, 2 and 3. I was not a fan of odst and Reach. Reach's multiplayer was the worst experience ever. Halo 4 has been an awesome experience so far. I just beat the campaign on Legendary. I have put in about 11 hours in multiplayer. I love it! I didn't even get a chance to try spartan ops yet. Well worth the 45 bucks I paid from newegg.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by MuDvAyNe:

I would recommend buying halo 4 if you enjoyed halo 1, 2 and 3. I was not a fan of odst and Reach. Reach's multiplayer was the worst experience ever. Halo 4 has been an awesome experience so far. I just beat the campaign on Legendary. I have put in about 11 hours in multiplayer. I love it! I didn't even get a chance to try spartan ops yet. Well worth the 45 bucks I paid from newegg.

Spartan Ops is much more fun/exciting when done with friends.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Black ops 2?

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Everyone I know says it's shit, so I'm not too worried about it. Battlefield was a better series, but I skipped BF3 due to the whole Origin thing. In short, Halo 4 and AC3 are my winter games. :P

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Everyone u know is bad at it .

Might pick up a box on black friday if I can talk the wife into it.

A few of my friends play 10 hrs after release. They lost like 2 or 3 games the whole time. Its lawlz. I have always like the CoD combat but Halo 2/3 was the SHIT!

Glad Halo 4 is treating everyone well!

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Chaplain

to Chaplain
said by Chaplain:

Halo 4 and AC3 are my winter games. :P

This

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Halo 4 is the best of the series followed by reach and odst IMO.

The storyline is better, the forerunner weapons are excellent, and it has decent plot twists...
Halo 1 2 and 3 are a little too obvious:

1. Your squad WILL die.
2. You WILL end up on a halo ring.
3. You WILL end up on an alien ship.
4. You WILL end up driving at the end escaping a blowing up area.

In Halo 4, the guys on UNSC Infinity can actually put up a good fight, AND kick ass against both the covenant and the forerunners, and there's no obvious driving scene (Although there might be something else more or less like it)

I also liked Reach for the storyline. And ODST rocked for the two voice actors who were also in Firefly..
Nesse
join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL

Nesse to Chaplain

to Chaplain
Ive been enjoying Halo 4 since the day it came out. I wasnt sure how I felt about it, but decided to pick it up anyway the day of launch.

I enjoyed the campaign though it was very short , and I really enjoy the Spartan Ops. Well mostly anyway. I think in Chapter 2 Episode 1, the ordinance drop could have been better placed. I also had to restart this particular episode because about half way through (and I thought I was near the end) I had one thing left on the radar, but it had gotten stuck in or under the environment and was unkillable... though I did try.

Dont get me started on the multiplayer... thats a real love/hate thing during war games. LOL

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I did not buy this game to fly a plane through an obstacle course. If I wanted to do that, if have bought a flight simulator.
Nesse
Naperville, IL

Nesse

LOL right!

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
That reminded me of star wars way to much!!

Grimm

Grimm to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
I see what you're saying, but I'm going to go back a bit lol.

I still have yet to feel anything remotely the same, like I felt playing through Halo: CE for the very first time back when it came out. Of course, now looking back, everything seems obvious. But playing through campaign the very first time? Nothing has brought that amount of joy and awe I felt then.

I also highly enjoyed ODST and Reach. I liked that ODST had a different aspect but stayed within the Halo Universe. It was well done and damn was the music enthralling. Being someone who has read all but the more recent books, I was excited to see where Reach led. It had a good storyline and really wasn't as bad as people want to make it out to be.

I'll be quite honest; I'm a Halo fanboy and eat that shit up so I may be a bit biased lol, but I have yet to be unhappy with any Halo game that has come out, including Halo Wars.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Beat it. This game was great. Story was great, mechanics were great, everything was great. I loved when the scientists faces melted.

I'll be getting my ass kicked in multiplayer starting tonight. Also plan on trying the Spec Ops. And of course, time to start a game on Legendary.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Chaplain:

Beat it. This game was great. Story was great, mechanics were great, everything was great. I loved when the scientists faces melted.

I'll be getting my ass kicked in multiplayer starting tonight. Also plan on trying the Spec Ops. And of course, time to start a game on Legendary.

Lone Wolf Legendary is much harder than Co-op Legendary. You have been warned (this coming from a guy that did Reach LWL).
Nesse
Naperville, IL

Nesse

said by Goggalor:

Lone Wolf Legendary is much harder than Co-op Legendary. You have been warned (this coming from a guy that did Reach LWL).

I know for a fact that Spartan Ops Legendary Elites & Knights are stupid crazy hard to kill. During Episode 2, Chapter 1... yes the same one I mentioned the other day.... an Elite took 3 shots from a beam rifle, to the head at extremely close range and was still standing. They can also take two shots from Fuel Rod Cannons and not die.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

Was it a scoped shot from the beam rifle, Nesse? An unscoped headshot from the sniper rifles actually does not do as much damage as a scoped in one does, if I remember correctly.

As for the Fuel Rod cannon, that sounds about right for an elite on Legendary: one shot to drop his shields, the next to damage his body/kill him.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Beat the first episode of Spec Ops on Legendary with a friend. Twice we had to start over due to an enemy being stuck inside of a rendered object, making them impossible to hit. The first one we tried for a good 20 minutes before giving up.

Did a couple multiplayer games over the weekend as well. It's a freaking blast. I can now say the game is worth it. Go buy it now, if you haven't already.
Revenge
join:2012-10-29
Australia

1 recommendation

Revenge to Chaplain

to Chaplain
I picked up the game a few days after release because i ordered it cheaply from overseas.

I have yet to start the campaign, as i plan to have the nostalgia feel of running through the entire thing in 4 player co-op mode, just like i used to LOVE to do in Halo 3.

I jumped on multiplayer, and found myself hooked for a few hours easily. I remember the first days of Reach's multiplayer, in which i had already decided i didn't like the Multiplayer. It didn't feel like Halo, this game DOES.

It relies on skill like Halo 2/3, while allowing newer players some nice stuff to keep them on (Ordinance drops in Infinity, more vehicles and weapons, armour abilities that aren't so vital to gameplay).

All in all, worth the $55 AUD i put down for it, will look forward to playing this over the years
Nesse
Naperville, IL

Nesse to Goggalor

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

Was it a scoped shot from the beam rifle, Nesse? An unscoped headshot from the sniper rifles actually does not do as much damage as a scoped in one does, if I remember correctly.

As for the Fuel Rod cannon, that sounds about right for an elite on Legendary: one shot to drop his shields, the next to damage his body/kill him.

I think it was scoped, but its possible it wasnt due to how close I was. I get that it will take 2 shots, one to drop the shields and one for the kill. I would very much accept that. Only thats not the case. In both cases... The fuel rod cannon and the beam rifle 2 shots did not kill the elite.

I have been having a blast with Spartan Ops. Finished the first two Episodes on Legendary and the weeklies that go with them. Started on Episode 3 last night. Not a fan of the respawn placement or the fact that active camo only works sometimes. I cant count how many times I have been respawned in the middle of enemy forces only to be killed before I could even turn around or get my bearings. Worse is when I immediately use the camo and they still make a beeline for me. Worse still is when this happens with 2 wraiths, as was the case last night.

On a final note.... the concussion rifle.... does this thing kill ANYTHING? I mean... besides me.

Grimm

Grimm

Best way to kill elites/knights on legendary is to take down their shields asap and then use a precision weapon to headshot them. Headshots are easier on the elites, but it is possible on the knights.

To take down their shields, the storm rifle and plasma pistol are ballin. then use a DMR/BR/Light Rifle/Carbine to headshot them.

-The needler works wonders. On the elites, if it explodes, they die. Can't say I've tried on a knight.

-Plasma cannon/turret is the most ballin weapon around. Seriously, just rip it off and go to town. Not only does it kill anything fast, but I almost believe there is a slight stun effect also.

Another note for Spartan Ops: Don't be afraid to die. It will happen and as long as you use that 'life' to do as much damage to the enemy forces as possible, you'll be good. Really, I only have problems with the Prometheans so my kill order is as follows:
Watchers > Crawlers > Knights

Watchers first because it's never fun to have to kill a Knight a second time. Crawlers next because they are one shot kills. Then Knights when they are the last you need to worry about.

I've also never been a fan of using the Active Camo against AI as they always seem to know you're there regardless. Now Hologram on the other hand works freakin wonders! They fall for that shit all the time! Even if its just long enough to come out and pop a few small guys in the head and duck back behind cover, it works.

Concussion rifle; can't say I've seen one yet or remember it. I also have not played Episode 3 yet.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Grimm:

Concussion rifle; can't say I've seen one yet or remember it. I also have not played Episode 3 yet.

Concussion Rifle is the Covenant weapon that works/shoots like a grenade launcher. Reddish orange color to it; only elites ever carry one.

Grimm

Grimm

derp.... thank you. I have used it numerous times lol. Does piss poor damage though on legendary from what I remember.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
And for those interested, Yahtzee Croshaw got his turn on it.
Nesse
Naperville, IL

Nesse to Grimm

to Grimm
said by Grimm:

Best way to kill elites/knights on legendary is to take down their shields asap and then use a precision weapon to headshot them. Headshots are easier on the elites, but it is possible on the knights.

To take down their shields, the storm rifle and plasma pistol are ballin. then use a DMR/BR/Light Rifle/Carbine to headshot them.

-The needler works wonders. On the elites, if it explodes, they die. Can't say I've tried on a knight.

Another note for Spartan Ops: Don't be afraid to die. It will happen and as long as you use that 'life' to do as much damage to the enemy forces as possible, you'll be good. Really, I only have problems with the Prometheans so my kill order is as follows:
Watchers > Crawlers > Knights

Watchers first because it's never fun to have to kill a Knight a second time. Crawlers next because they are one shot kills. Then Knights when they are the last you need to worry about.

I've also never been a fan of using the Active Camo against AI as they always seem to know you're there regardless. Now Hologram on the other hand works freakin wonders! They fall for that shit all the time! Even if its just long enough to come out and pop a few small guys in the head and duck back behind cover, it works.

Once the shields are down, Elites drop easily. Its the getting the shields down fast enough that can be problematic. Especially when there are 3-4 in a group and at least one of them is carrying a fuel rod cannon. As for the needler, not a huge fan of that particular weapon.

Oh Im not afraid to die... I just dislike being respawned in the middle of a butt ton of enemies.

I use the same order for Prometheans... You really have to take out those Watchers first. The big issue with them... if Im using a precision weapon other than a sniper rifle, it takes multiple shots and they often fly out of the line of sight before they die. Unless Im just not shooting them in the right spot. If thats the case... someone fill me in on the "headshot" for Watchers.

Active Camo usually works pretty well for picking off the bad guys, but every once in awhile the AI just knows where you are and will hunt you down regardless of the camo. Active Camo didnt work so well in Episode 3 Chapter 1. I'll switch out the AC on one of my loadouts and try the Hologram.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
You can use the noob combo to take out Knights as well. Charge up the plasma pistol, shoot the knight, then switch to DMR/BR/Carbine.

Fiftycals
join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals to Chaplain

to Chaplain
Just picked up the game a few days ago. Looking for some people to play campaign, ops and pvp with.

Gamertag xXSupermanXx116

If you add me let me know you're from DSLR

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

XBOX?

f0rtys3ven