spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Nesse

to Nesse

Re: Halo 4

Best way to kill elites/knights on legendary is to take down their shields asap and then use a precision weapon to headshot them. Headshots are easier on the elites, but it is possible on the knights.

To take down their shields, the storm rifle and plasma pistol are ballin. then use a DMR/BR/Light Rifle/Carbine to headshot them.

-The needler works wonders. On the elites, if it explodes, they die. Can't say I've tried on a knight.

-Plasma cannon/turret is the most ballin weapon around. Seriously, just rip it off and go to town. Not only does it kill anything fast, but I almost believe there is a slight stun effect also.

Another note for Spartan Ops: Don't be afraid to die. It will happen and as long as you use that 'life' to do as much damage to the enemy forces as possible, you'll be good. Really, I only have problems with the Prometheans so my kill order is as follows:
Watchers > Crawlers > Knights

Watchers first because it's never fun to have to kill a Knight a second time. Crawlers next because they are one shot kills. Then Knights when they are the last you need to worry about.

I've also never been a fan of using the Active Camo against AI as they always seem to know you're there regardless. Now Hologram on the other hand works freakin wonders! They fall for that shit all the time! Even if its just long enough to come out and pop a few small guys in the head and duck back behind cover, it works.

Concussion rifle; can't say I've seen one yet or remember it. I also have not played Episode 3 yet.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Grimm:

Concussion rifle; can't say I've seen one yet or remember it. I also have not played Episode 3 yet.

Concussion Rifle is the Covenant weapon that works/shoots like a grenade launcher. Reddish orange color to it; only elites ever carry one.

Grimm

Grimm

derp.... thank you. I have used it numerous times lol. Does piss poor damage though on legendary from what I remember.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
And for those interested, Yahtzee Croshaw got his turn on it.
Nesse
join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL

Nesse to Grimm

to Grimm
said by Grimm:

Best way to kill elites/knights on legendary is to take down their shields asap and then use a precision weapon to headshot them. Headshots are easier on the elites, but it is possible on the knights.

To take down their shields, the storm rifle and plasma pistol are ballin. then use a DMR/BR/Light Rifle/Carbine to headshot them.

-The needler works wonders. On the elites, if it explodes, they die. Can't say I've tried on a knight.

Another note for Spartan Ops: Don't be afraid to die. It will happen and as long as you use that 'life' to do as much damage to the enemy forces as possible, you'll be good. Really, I only have problems with the Prometheans so my kill order is as follows:
Watchers > Crawlers > Knights

Watchers first because it's never fun to have to kill a Knight a second time. Crawlers next because they are one shot kills. Then Knights when they are the last you need to worry about.

I've also never been a fan of using the Active Camo against AI as they always seem to know you're there regardless. Now Hologram on the other hand works freakin wonders! They fall for that shit all the time! Even if its just long enough to come out and pop a few small guys in the head and duck back behind cover, it works.

Once the shields are down, Elites drop easily. Its the getting the shields down fast enough that can be problematic. Especially when there are 3-4 in a group and at least one of them is carrying a fuel rod cannon. As for the needler, not a huge fan of that particular weapon.

Oh Im not afraid to die... I just dislike being respawned in the middle of a butt ton of enemies.

I use the same order for Prometheans... You really have to take out those Watchers first. The big issue with them... if Im using a precision weapon other than a sniper rifle, it takes multiple shots and they often fly out of the line of sight before they die. Unless Im just not shooting them in the right spot. If thats the case... someone fill me in on the "headshot" for Watchers.

Active Camo usually works pretty well for picking off the bad guys, but every once in awhile the AI just knows where you are and will hunt you down regardless of the camo. Active Camo didnt work so well in Episode 3 Chapter 1. I'll switch out the AC on one of my loadouts and try the Hologram.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
You can use the noob combo to take out Knights as well. Charge up the plasma pistol, shoot the knight, then switch to DMR/BR/Carbine.

Fiftycals
join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals to Chaplain

to Chaplain
Just picked up the game a few days ago. Looking for some people to play campaign, ops and pvp with.

Gamertag xXSupermanXx116

If you add me let me know you're from DSLR

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

XBOX?

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Halo 4 for PC?

Fiftycals
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals

Xbox 360

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Cool. Mine's SinkPuker. I'll try to get on tonight after 9pm est.

Fiftycals
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals

I might be on (Night off) around that time tonight but I'm usually sleeping at that time. Working graveyards so I usually play between 9am and 6pm your time.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

That's cool. I'll catch you on sometime.

Multiplayer is a lot of fun. I've been sticking to Slayer, and learning the maps. I love choosing multiple loadouts. The smaller maps just become a chaos of death and destruction. Love it.

Grimm

Grimm to Chaplain

to Chaplain
My current goal in the game is to finish the UNSC Ordinance so for a little change from the standard Halo gametypes and to help remedy the fact that most people are straight shit at this game, I play Dominion. It's fun and frustrating, but atleast I can go positive and have all my kills with Ordinance weapons if I so choose.

Also; WRAITH

Fiftycals
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals to Chaplain

to Chaplain
I racked up about 13 hours of gameplay over my weekend. I'm still learning which loadouts work best for which map/gametype and one that suits my playstyle. I just unlocked the active camo and I think it's a cheap perk. I think it's too close to be being completely invisible. Yes, yes, you can spot people that use it but have you spotted someone that is crouched and sitting completely still? If you have then you're usually doing a double-take (Did.. I.. there's someone there), then you're dead already. cheap perk, get rid of it.. Till then I'll abuse it lol

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Nice! I've been using the jet pack to charge people like a suicidal bastard. I have too many games to play. Was on Steam most of the weekend.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

I like dropping a nice hologram running past a corner to get someone to use up his ammo before I come around.

Grimm

Grimm

said by Goggalor:

I like dropping a nice hologram running past a corner to get someone to use up his ammo before I come around.

There's always that intense moment where you fall for that crap and just sigh while saying "damn" and want to fist-bump the guy for fooling you.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Grimm:

said by Goggalor:

There's always that intense moment where you fall for that crap and just sigh while saying "damn" and want to fist-bump the guy for fooling you.

Yeah, it sucks when it happens to you, but when you fool someone else with it and secure the kill? It is almost like a mini-Christmas.

Grimm

Grimm to Chaplain

to Chaplain
Episode 6 Spartan Ops was released Monday for those who were waiting

They've created a playlist of player-created forge maps with the intent to put some into the rotation of other playlists.

Also, this upcoming monday we get to see good ol' Grifball make a return along with some other goodies I can't remember exactly.

If you're looking for another body to play with, PM me on here you GT and I'll send you a friend request online.
Grimm

Grimm

Quick update:

Hit 130 the other day and finished Spartan Ops Season 1 last night. I definitely enjoyed it but wonder where they can go from here.

Also played the shit out of Grifball since it came out. Love that game, regardless of my shitty internet. The ability to throw the ball allows tons of crazy fun and tactics. Definitely the most fun with a full group who understand how to play well.

My invite still stands from the previous post.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I haven't picked this up since DS3 came out. I still haven't finished AC3 yet. I just don't have much time to play games.

When I get back into it, I'll PM my GT if you are still playing.

Grimm

Grimm

Sounds good man. I have gotten a few friends into it since I last posted but I do tend to play alone as of now.

Everyone jumped ship for Blops2 becuase it was "more realistic" lol. Now noone plays either and their reasoning for not playing Blops2 was that it's stupid and ridiculous, which is exactly what I knew it was going to be which is why I was steadfast when I was egged on to get it.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Good to stand your ground, man. Last game I was egged to get was Diablo 3, and I'll curse the day I gave in until the end of time.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

hahaha your not going to pick it up for your counsole?

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I'd rather pick up a venereal disease.