join:2005-03-21
Premium

1 edit

buddahbless to spewak

to spewak

Re: Inevitable

said by spewak:

said by CXM_Splicer:

In general, I would tend to agree with you but since the two biggest carriers seem to be in lock-step with each other, I think they know they can raise prices in unison.

Now to add revenue, the big boys will charge you for using your own phone to connect to your own wifi network (or any free wifi network). Imagine if you will, a day when you arrive at home and turn off 4g and turn on wifi and you get a limited amount of data before you have to pay. I know, sounds ludicrous, but one can never underestimate the big carriers and their insatiable need for profit.

SPEwak I agree..
Its sort of already in its childhood years and being implemented, ATT DSL/Uverse "Data Caped" with overages, Comcast "data caped", charter & optimum voice "caped", once Verizon follows suit game over, all the smaller incumbents will as well. It would be one thing if the ISP decided to throttle your home connection after a certain amout of usage and you had an option to pay a little extra to reinstate full speed, but they all went straight to charging for overages with no other option and thats the bottom line fact.

Now as for this article The market was know to go bust as its true the majority of those who wanted cell phones already have them. there new target market are the preteens, teens and teens as they reach adulthood when they reach 18 there will be your next influx of possible postpaid subscribers. The funny part is that generation is pretty wise to the tech dramas that are unfolding and a majority of them are going prepaid already because there under 18 currently and can not get a contract so they would rather stay with prepaid when they hit 18 (if it ain't broke dont fix it) Thats pretty much the only place for growth in the next few yrs as the immigration growth has slowed tremendously, so theres no money to be made there.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

Optimum is not capped.
« lower prices now ?
This is a sub-selection from Inevitable