silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to DrStrangLov

Premium Member

to DrStrangLov

Re: [Exede] excede vs hughsnet

DNS issues should simply not be happening. If Exede doesn't know how to run DNS servers, they need to fire all their employees and start over. This is not a service that just came out.
said by DrStrangLov:

said by reporter70:

I have tried both recently. Hughsnet you get what they advertise

Hughesnet has few customers on their beams...not a relevant comparison...unless one wants to go back to early days of Exede.

Exede should by no means be overloaded already. People not getting their speeds is not because of congestion.
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov

said by silbaco:

DNS issues should simply not be happening....Exede should by no means be overloaded already

Fine tuning a new system tends to bring about issues...especially, when all consumer equipment is not standardized and/or some will have defective devices (routers/ethernet_cards/etc).

Being overloaded, Exede is not, but using traffic management equipment, it does.

And yes, Hughes uses traffic management equipment also...see below...hence, let's not confuse "overloaded" with being "fapped." Users on a brand new system normally don't get "fapped."

The HughesNet Fair Access Policy (F.A.P.)

Understanding and working within the HughesNet uploading & downloading limits.
./.
To ensure that all HughesNet subscribers have fair and equal access to the benefits of the Satellite broadband service, HughesNet has enacted a Fair Access Policy to prevent abusive consumption of bandwidth by a handful of users.

»www.copperhead.cc/fap.htm

SammIam
@samcdocs.com

SammIam to silbaco

Anon

to silbaco
I have Excede, and last evening I was never able to get any access at all.. dns didn't work, I did a traceroute to 8.8.8.8 and there were around 20 hops, each hop took between 10 to 60 seconds to complete... what a joke... With Excede I sometimes feel like I'm in a 3rd world country.. plus the damn high price I'm paying.. $100+ per month... I'm just about ready to jump to Hughes