Search similar:

uniqs
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316

Is this legit?

Click for full size
I logged in My account and this form appeared. Is this legit?
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

I wouldn't trust it. A tonne of red flags.

Asking for State and Zip instead of Province and Postal Code. Asking for the answers to your security questions, but not providing those same questions. Asking for SIN.

That just SCREAMS "phishing".

I suggest:

1) Run a virus scan to check to see that it's not your computer that has been compromised. FIRST AND FOREMOST! Don't log into anything else secure (banking especially) until you do this!
2) Call Rogers on the chance that it's something on their end that has been compromised.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to phily316

to phily316
You or Rogers has been hacked. As many of these bots include a keylogger we can assume your Rogers account number and password are already out in the wild.

For your own sake call Rogers and change both immediately. As mentioned above, do not log in anywhere till you've identified the cause of this issue.

Rogers will definitely want to be notified.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to bt

Premium Member

to bt
Yikes, that just screams identity theft.
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

I just logged into MyRogers and it doesnt have that, neither does it have that "Red Hot Deals" button on the top... So yeah, I'd say your machine is compromised and is redirecting to a totally fake Rogers site...
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by HiVolt:

I just logged into MyRogers and it doesnt have that, neither does it have that "Red Hot Deals" button on the top...

The "Red Hot Deals" button shows up if your region is set to QC.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by bt:

The "Red Hot Deals" button shows up if your region is set to QC.

Oh, interesting...
juggie
join:2007-04-25
H0H0H0

juggie

Go to another computer. change your rogers pw, then call rogers and put a block on your account for any changes. At this point, it likely woudn't hurt to put a block on your credit too such that any new credit application requires a verbal auth.
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11 to phily316

to phily316
Run OP, run! But seriously, that is shady as shit. A Roger-specific pop-up that appears as soon as you sign in to your Rogers account, that's a dangerous phishing attempt. Even if the problem is at your end (ie. your computer is infected with something) I would contact Rogers so they know about this. You cut off the URL from your picture, hopefully you can get a fuller picture to send to Rogers.

You need to change your Rogers log in info but changing it on a compromised computer may not help much. You need to change it from a clean computer.

In the mean time I would start running antivirus scanners. What OS and antivirus do you have? Update and scan with it. I'll assume you have WIndows. Get MSE if you don't have an antivirus program. Also scan with malewarebytes then superantispyware.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

1 recommendation

Doctor Olds to phily316

Premium Member

to phily316
said by phily316:

It really, really smells of site redirection. What URL do you get if you bookmark the popup page? That should have the details you need to determine origin..

I'd change ISPs if that is legit because they don't ever need that much detail, but scammers/id thieves do.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by Doctor Olds:

It really, really smells of site redirection.

IMHO I could see site redir if it happened when clicking on the Rogers link but getting the popup after entering the secure "MyAccount" says hack/bot to me..........could be wrong, anything is possible. But there's a lot at stake here security wise.

The OP hasn't stated if this now happens every time he enters the Rogers site and logs in or if this was a one time occurrence.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to phily316

Premium Member

to phily316
said by phily316:

1) Get each of these »www.makeuseof.com/tag/li ··· s-start/
2) Follow directions for each to clean your machine
3) Reboot to Windows
4) www.malwarebytes.org - download and run the free scanner

5) Get anyone of these
»www.knopper.net/knoppix- ··· -en.html
burn it to a CD and boot from the CD each time you want to do web banking, or anything to do with credit card payments or personal info on the net.

i LOLd
@videotron.ca

i LOLd to phily316

Anon

to phily316
lol if they even asked that from me on the phone or in person I wouldn't do business with them.

It's bogus questions they aren't even allowed to ask you in Canada unless you are getting a bank loan.

Either you or rogers has been rooted.
osijek1289
join:2012-11-11
Mississauga, ON

osijek1289 to phily316

to phily316
Clearly you've got something 'phishey' installed in your browser, activex or some malware, running identity theft. Did you notice it's asking for state and zip? Regardless of what we think of Rogers, that is not their form; whatever popped it, pulls solely the logo of the site you're on, inserts it up above, leaves all other wording generic enough to probably dupe many many people. Clear and aching red flag. I did a quick google on the wording, but it seems exactly like what's being requested of this HSBC customer: »forums.moneysavingexpert ··· 51835799
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to phily316

to phily316
heh, whenever it asks for a sin... you know its a scam.

I wonder how it was pulled off...
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11 to i LOLd

to i LOLd
said by i LOLd :

It's bogus questions they aren't even allowed to ask you in Canada unless you are getting a bank loan.

Either you or rogers has been rooted.

I'm guessing you're referring to the question about the SIN? They're allowed to ask, but they can't require you to answer, and it's not just for bank loans. Also, I don't think you know what "rooted" means.
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316

I didn't realize about the State and Zip, just the SN and the answers to my questions. It was at job, so IT will probably just delete everything and ghost the machine.