spc
Search similar:

uniqs
avidboy01
join:2010-12-02
Los Angeles, CA

avidboy01

contract coming to an end...question

My contract is up at the end of december but I am starting to see renewal notices when I log into my account. When is the best time to renegeotiate with them....now or after the contract fully expires? Thank you.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

I negotiated as soon as I got the letter in the mail notifying me of the rate increase. This was about 3 months prior to the actual contract end date.

marhil0
join:2008-10-21
Exton, PA

marhil0 to avidboy01

to avidboy01
Try the 800 number below. I was able to get some discounts on my double package.

I had some success on my renewal. Was able to get the Ultimate TV and 50/25 Internet for $119.99 instead of $134.99. Also got 3 months free HBO. Still have my (3)
digital adapters for free. Had a do a 24 month agreement.

I called the the number below on my bill and went through
that department.

Bundle Today & Start Saving
Call 1-888-851-7527 or visit verizon.com/savenow and let us
review your account. We can help find the best bundle to meet your entertainment and communication needs. Thank you for being a valued Verizon customer.

Action Products and Promotions Monthly Charges
Existing Double Play: FiOS Internet up to 50/25, FiOS TV Ultimate HD, 2012-2 NATIONAL $119.99
FiOS TV Ultimate HD

FiOS Internet 50/25

$5 24-Month Contract Discount Included thru Nov 9, 2014

$5 24 Mo. Bundle Credit Included

Look for this on your bill. This was the dept. I called.

Bundle Today & Start Saving

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to avidboy01

Premium Member

to avidboy01
I find that Its best to do it over the phone with the retention department telling them you might switch to another provider.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to avidboy01

to avidboy01
what is the number to call for Retentions?...what option do you push?
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to WK2

to WK2
said by WK2:

telling them you might switch to another provider.

Does that really make a difference anymore? I'd love to know what percentage of people actually do make a switch after threatening. A friend of mine was having problems with Cablevision and threatened to switch if they wouldn't lower her rates. They said, "Ok, sorry to see you go".

When I call I simply ask for a better deal and they always do something for me.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

For me, it works 9 times out of 10

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to ansky

MVM,

to ansky
Cablevision reps often look up order numbers for FiOS, so they'll call your bluff on the threat of switching, but then cave if you actually have an order number to verify you're switching. Of course, you can cancel the FiOS order at anytime.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

said by Thinkdiff:

Cablevision reps often look up order numbers for FiOS, so they'll call your bluff on the threat of switching,

This assumes you're porting the phone number out so they can look to see if there's a record pending.

There's one thing I'll never do unless I'm actually going to do it. Never use the D word until you're serving papers. It'll never work afterwards if you change your mind.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by birdfeedr:

said by Thinkdiff:

Cablevision reps often look up order numbers for FiOS, so they'll call your bluff on the threat of switching,

This assumes you're porting the phone number out so they can look to see if there's a record pending.

No, in some cases the reps will actually look up your order number at verizon.com/orderstatus before playing ball with you.

marhil0
join:2008-10-21
Exton, PA

marhil0 to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

what is the number to call for Retentions?...what option do you push?

review your account. We can help find the best bundle to meet your entertainment and communication needs. Thank you for being a valued Verizon customer
marhil0

marhil0 to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy
review your account. We can help find the best bundle to meet your entertainment and communication needs. Thank you for being a valued Verizon customer
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

There seems to be an echo in here...
avidboy01
Los Angeles, CA

avidboy01 to marhil0

to marhil0
Is that 888 number the retentions number?

Tarheel72
join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX

Tarheel72 to avidboy01

to avidboy01
Another thing you can do is just keep calling until you get what you want. If you are not having any luck just hang up and call back and talk to a different rep. It is not that hard to get a different deal depending on who you speak with. I went through a couple of real a-holes until I got a really nice guy who gave me several discounts. It works on your wireless carrier and your electric utility provider as well, I can attest to that.

kyler13
Is your fiber grounded?
join:2006-12-12
Annapolis, MD

kyler13 to avidboy01

to avidboy01
I'm curious if anyone has had lucking getting or getting close to the new customer type promotions with negotiations over the phone. I find the automated "deals" through my account to be lame and insulting in light of what new customers are getting. If I'm committing a whole two years, I want it to be enticing, not marginal. Every time I've approached these discounts, it's never made sense to make the change. I'm currently a double play customer with a previous incarnation of the Extreme tier and 20/5 internet for $89.99. I'm considering a drop to Prime to update to the current internet mid-tier of 50/25, and I'd like to integrate my phone service. Problem is that the $114.99/month isn't a good deal to port my number over from my $15/month VoIP (that includes all fees). By my estimate, moving to triple play will up my cost $10 plus fees (I'm guessing another $10+ for all the phone service fees since the fed, state, and local municipalities will get their hands in my pocket with Verizon phone service). If I do it, I get a $120 prepaid card. A new customer can get the same package for $89.99 plus a $300 card.
ksalper
join:2002-11-15
West Orange, NJ

ksalper to avidboy01

to avidboy01
Yeah, I'm mystified by all this.

I've been out of contract for a while, and pay $84.99 for an Extreme HD + 15/5 internet double play, plus another $16.99 a month for HBO. Added together and rounded up to an even number, that's $102.

If I look at renewal options online, the first thing they propose has a $5 higher basic price, $89.99, for what APPEARS to be the same service.

If I start futzing around with the "make your own bundle" options, though, it appears (that at least in this section), $89.99 gets me "prime," not "extreme" HD, with fewer channels, and that I'd need to pay $109.99 for the new version of Extreme + 15/5 internet -- but this version of extreme now includes HBO and Showtime. I don't much care about Showtime, though, so it looks like I'd be paying $110 for the current bundle with it versus $102 for my current setup.

Isn't the whole point of being on contract that my price should be lower?

Tried a live chat, which just left me more confused. Not sure if I want to bother trying a phone call or not now.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to kyler13

MVM

to kyler13
said by kyler13:

A new customer can get the same package for $89.99 plus a $300 card.

VZ wants to promote higher churn rates.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to Thinkdiff

to Thinkdiff
In order to use that site one would have to give CV the order number and zipcode, without it they would be unable to see any details.
avidboy01
Los Angeles, CA

avidboy01

I made my first call to CS for a renewal rate. I was not happy with the deal they offered me. Is there a direct number to retentions by chance?
nfotiu
join:2009-01-25

nfotiu to avidboy01

to avidboy01
I was all set to switch tv to directv a couple weeks ago. I ordered directv and called Verizon to cancel. I was on the 35 35 triple Play with ultimate. They went through the various renewal options which were all going to be more than my current bill. Then she offered for me to keep my current grandfathered plan with a 30 dollar a month discount for a year with no new contract, which ended up being about 40 dollars cheaper than any of the new contract offers.

When I went to cancel my directv order, they offered an extra 5 dollars a month and free showtime and hbo for a year, which would have probably been a slightly better deal, but at that point I was tired of being on the phone with customer support people.
cheetoh
join:2006-12-04
Irving, TX

cheetoh to avidboy01

to avidboy01
My 2 year contract recently was coming to an end, I went to the local Verizon store and talked to a Rep. He gave me a deal that was $10 a month cheaper than my current rate, I received a bill yesterday and it was $30 a month more than what I was paying. Whaty can I do?

incognito_2u
join:2005-03-15
Malverne, NY
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A
Arcadyan FiOS-E3200

incognito_2u

said by cheetoh:

.....I went to the local Verizon store and talked to a Rep. He gave me a deal that was $10 a month cheaper than my current rate......

Did you get that "quote" in writing????
Sparky19053
join:2011-10-03
Feasterville Trevose, PA

Sparky19053

Did you get that "quote" in writing????
--
Yea, the good folks at the VZ store would never tell you wrong just to get you out of there!
Something simlar happened to me. you have thirty days to cancel so call and maybe you can get a credit added to your monthly invoice.