how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nfotiu

join:2009-01-25
reply to gjkiii

Re: contract coming to an end...question

I was all set to switch tv to directv a couple weeks ago. I ordered directv and called Verizon to cancel. I was on the 35 35 triple Play with ultimate. They went through the various renewal options which were all going to be more than my current bill. Then she offered for me to keep my current grandfathered plan with a 30 dollar a month discount for a year with no new contract, which ended up being about 40 dollars cheaper than any of the new contract offers.

When I went to cancel my directv order, they offered an extra 5 dollars a month and free showtime and hbo for a year, which would have probably been a slightly better deal, but at that point I was tired of being on the phone with customer support people.

cheetoh

join:2006-12-04
Irving, TX
reply to gjkiii

My 2 year contract recently was coming to an end, I went to the local Verizon store and talked to a Rep. He gave me a deal that was $10 a month cheaper than my current rate, I received a bill yesterday and it was $30 a month more than what I was paying. Whaty can I do?

incognito_2u

join:2005-03-15
Malverne, NY

said by cheetoh:

.....I went to the local Verizon store and talked to a Rep. He gave me a deal that was $10 a month cheaper than my current rate......

Did you get that "quote" in writing????
--
"I'm an Analog guy in a Digital World!"

Sparky19053

join:2011-10-03
Feasterville Trevose, PA

Did you get that "quote" in writing????
--
Yea, the good folks at the VZ store would never tell you wrong just to get you out of there!
Something simlar happened to me. you have thirty days to cancel so call and maybe you can get a credit added to your monthly invoice.