uniqs
This is a sub-selection from no biggy
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to Dampier

to Dampier

Re: no biggy

This is a true joke. The terminal fees MORE than cover the lease carry and maintenance cost. I actually think the new modem fee is fair, and not overpriced. However the margins for internet are ungodly.

If you recall when Signature Home launched for $199 one of the selling points was that the installer would actually come during the window that was setup. Almost a slap in the face of everyone else--the window is just a joke. Now they are having to dole out $500 gift cards to entice people to buy into this sham.

In the end they are entering a saturation point (cable, phone have already stopped/decreasing) and internet is within 2million of cable so within a year that market will be saturated. So how do you keep affording to dole out $20 per month/sub in dividends with a no-growth market: Introduce new fees.

A remember back in the day when Nynex used to push "wireline maintenance" for like $8/month. Even if I had the guy wiring my house up once a year, I would be good....

I don't know what the gig is or how they could spin it, but plain and simple if people are paying terminal fees they should be a supported levels, period. Like I said over at STC, they might spin this to support NON paid terminals like tablets, Tivos, Xboxes, etc. However then they would need to have a qualification matrix, upgrade schedule, and actually support these devices. I don't think they know the true costs of that....

This just happened to my mother at one of her apartments. She hung around all day, the installer never showed (she should have known better than to take an afternoon window). No call, nothing. They credited her $25, which of course is no substitution for wasting 1/2 a day.
Dampier
Phillip M Dampier
join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

Dampier

Tell your mom to tell TWC the $25 doesn't cut it and they need to cough up some free stuff or some serious service credits. A supervisor will deal.
This is a sub-selection from no biggy