bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Teddy Boom

Re: CNOC Files w/ CRTC Against Rogers

said by Teddy Boom:

Aha, their "rationale" for it:

With regard to monthly access rates (without usage), Telecom Regulatory Policy 2011-703 (TRP 2011-703) approved a rate of $21.00 for monthly access for 25 Mbps speed. However, rates for 35, 45 and 150 Mbps speeds were not set in that Decision.
That's almost funny..

Nor were there rates set for speeds of 6, 18, 28, 32, 75 or 150. But those respectively match the pricing for 3, 10, 15, 25 and 50.

And I was pretty much right in my speculation that Rogers is trying to pass these off as new tiers on the wholesale side, as compared to upgrades to existing tiers on the retail side.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
Dunno if this is good or not, but CRTC just issued a new letter (per JF):

#CRTC issues a letter about Rogers new tariffs: comments limited to pricing for new speeds due Nov 20th. Alleged previous letter not seen.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Lol what? Why does jf hate DSLR? Is there some drama I missed?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by geokilla:

Lol what? Why does jf hate DSLR? Is there some drama I missed?

He claims they were blocking his IP so he didn't come back after the crash.

He still lurks here.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to resa1983
said by resa1983:

#CRTC issues a letter about Rogers new tariffs

I don't do the twitter. Mind asking him if he can upload it or forward you a copy, please.

said by resa1983:

comments limited to pricing for new speeds due Nov 20th.

Limit to price? That makes it easy...
Free. Just like Rogers own customers.

However, if I'm not mistaken (I only gave it the fast once over) 2010-632, which I linked to on page 1 of this topic, appears to give the cable-co's wiggle room as opposed to the ilecs (dsl). Would have to re-read it (which doesn't really interest me), but something about substantially more investment required on the cable-co's end versus the telco's.

So Maybe Rogers does have a point. And maybe this is why CNOC chose to ignore this policy in their filing. Dunno... But this does give Rogers undue preference.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to resa1983
said by resa1983:

#CRTC issues a letter about Rogers new tariffs: comments limited to pricing for new speeds due Nov 20th. Alleged previous letter not seen.

I have no idea what that means. Alleged previous letter? Only talk about pricing, but not availability?
--
electronicsguru.ca

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to hm
I asked jf for the latest filing.

I assume crtc is attempting to separate tariff notice price issues from speed enforcement issues, but that doesn't work due to rogers thinking they can upgrade speeds and call it a new tier and request more money for it. This entire speed matching issue is because of the 'new tiers' bullshit rogers is pulling.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP