FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to NICK ADSL UK

Premium Member

to NICK ADSL UK

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for November 13 2012

Applied 16 patches to my Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit PC. A reboot was needed. No problems so far.

P.S.>> My windows 8 Pro laptop update taking forever to download patches. Not sure why Win 7 worked fast as usual, but Win 8 Update taking forever just to download the patches.
FFH5

2 edits

FFH5

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

A
P.S.>> My windows 8 Pro laptop update taking forever to download patches. Not sure why Win 7 worked fast as usual, but Win 8 Update taking forever just to download the patches.

The following 3 Win 8 patches won't successfully complete downloading. After a long period they fail with error code
80072ee2. »windows.microsoft.com/en ··· 80072ee2

The following patches did apply successfully to the Win 8 laptop:

The .net update did finally install thru Windows update.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

1 recommendation

bluepoint

Article says the server is busy for too many requests. Try it later, in particular KB2770917 took a little while to download for me, it's probably huge since it's W8 cumulative update.
»support.microsoft.com/kb/2770917

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

said by FFH5:

A

The following 3 Win 8 patches won't successfully complete downloading. After a long period they fail with error code
80072ee2. »windows.microsoft.com/en ··· 80072ee2
[att=1]

The following patches did apply successfully to the Win 8 laptop:
[att=2]

I had to go to Windows Download Center to install KB2769165 & KB2770917(multiple files) patches. They were timing out using Windows Update pgm. After downloading and installing, I reset the Windows Update database and cleared it using Windows Update Troubleshooter. A subsequent run of Windows Update shows everything now up to date. Not thrilled with the Win patch tuesday process for Win8. See how it goes next month.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
I had two Win 7 Pro 64 bit systems that had just 12 updates, but this one had 16, and I believe they were the same as you listed. I think the difference is that the other systems did not have MS Office viewers installed.