jimk
Premium
join:2006-04-15
Raleigh, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to exocet_cm

Re: ndis.sys crash on Server 2008 R2

Do you have any software firewalls other than the native one that comes with Windows? If so, try removing them. I have seen this exact behavior in multiple occasions. The same thing applies to anything else that installs as a NDIS filter. I know you said nothing has been installed recently, but I have seen this kind of issue occur suddenly for no apparent reason.

If it is not an onboard NIC, do you have a spare you could try? Hardware issues are always a possibility.

exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3
said by jimk:

Do you have any software firewalls other than the native one that comes with Windows? If so, try removing them. I have seen this exact behavior in multiple occasions. The same thing applies to anything else that installs as a NDIS filter. I know you said nothing has been installed recently, but I have seen this kind of issue occur suddenly for no apparent reason.

If it is not an onboard NIC, do you have a spare you could try? Hardware issues are always a possibility.

Yeah, both on-board. ESET threw an error in the event logs and I removed the AV but it didn't fix anything. I'll try the spare mobo but I have neither the time nor the patience to really troubleshoot it. I'm seriously contemplating making one of the connections active and removing the DC role the blowing it away and start with a fresh install.
--
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons..." - T.S Eliot
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Publilius Syrus
Ma blog: »www.johndball.com

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
This is one of three DCs? What else does it do? Unless this is a remote DC, needed for some HIGH load or something like that, do you really need a 3rd DC? If this is just a DC and you don't have a special need for it, I say dcpromo it and kill it. Easy way out

exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3
reply to exocet_cm
The firmware upgrade fixed the NDIS problems but still BSODs. She got nuked this morning.