spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Heavyhook
join:2012-11-13

Heavyhook

HughesNet Gen4 BIG RIP OFF $$$$

HT1000 modem
GEN 4 service no where near what HushesNet advertises!
Edit Subject I have been a HughesNet customer since January. I have continual poor response time and download speeds. I was originally on Hughes basic plan. I had a 4gb
file I needed to update. I took 50 hours to download.
I have spent many hours connected to customer service trying to correct my issues. One week ago while dealing with personal who can barely speak the English language I
was convinced to upgrade to Gen4 service. I ask how I could believe their service would be what they claim when for the previous 10 months they could not deliver the
service I was subscribed too.
Against my better judgment I was talked into upgrading to Gen4's Power Pro plan. Its supposed to be up to 2mbs up and 10mbs down speeds. I was assured by the customer
service countless times how great Gen4 would be. Even the Ping/delay/ response time was going to be greatly improved!
Now the truth, the real speeds average between 2mbs and 3mbs with a max just over 4mbs The ping rate has not improved any over the old system. I know about the disclaimer
"your actual speed may be slower" REALLY!!
I have ran speed tests on different days and times and even on several other sites that have speed test. All my testing shows the same thing you will never get any where
close to to what HughesNet claims the performance is. Less than 50% of advertised speeds max but between 20 to 30 percent average.
The customer REP reverted to blaming my computer or my hard drive as the cause for my slow connection speeds. I took my laptop to a friends house the next day in town
that a Time Warner Ethernet connection. I ran the exact same test thru independent and Time Warner's testing and received the same results 15-18mbs download and 4-5mbs
ups. How about that its not my computer! "Really"
I have called back and did the same song and dance with customer service and when speed results showed exactly what I have posted the REP says just the time of day we are
testing. "B.S". This is the normal performance 24/7. Rep then ask me to go to You Tube and try to down load a video. So I can stream a video at 360dpi so what. How does
that equate to being able to down files at any where near my plans speeds.
I ask to speak to a supervisor and the REP. got very angry with me. I explained we had a difference of opinion and insisted on speaking to a Supervisor. After 20 minutes
on hold she took my telephone number and said a Supervisor would call me back shortly.This was like 2:00PM Sunday afternoon. I do not get a return call until the next
day at 7:00am while I am headed to work.Really like they were really trying to address my issues.
MY latest Case Number is 33450678 .
At this point I just want to be released from the new two year contract HughesNet put me under to install the GEN4 service. I would even be willing to pay the $150 charge
to re-point the dish and change out the modem.
HughesNet has my telephone number and email contact under
Case# 33450678. If I can not resolve my issues I guess my next steps will be to post this info on any review websites and with the BBB. Save yourself and tell freinds find anything but HughesNet for a ISP !!!

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

If you haven't a done so you may wish to post this including your case number here:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· t/topics

Maybe Sara can look in to your issue.
By any chance are you running OSX Mountain Lion ?
One More Too
join:2010-09-09
Galena, IL

One More Too

said by gwalk:

If you haven't a done so you may wish to post this including your case number here:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· t/topics

Maybe Sara can look in to your issue.
By any chance are you running OSX Mountain Lion ?

In addition to the suggestion quoted above, you might have a better chance of having someone respond to and deal with issues that you are having if you organized and shortened your presentation and if you used paragraphs. I know that I tried to follow what you were saying, but, about half way through, I gave up.
Heavyhook

Heavyhook

I tried to give a history of my experience from the first week in Jan 2012 until now. I have spent many hours and calls with customer service which was unsuccessful. I was talked into Gen4 one week ago and it is just as bad. My average speed is between 2mbs-3mbs download, and the ping rate is as poor as before Gen4.
Customer service REP seemed to think because I could download a 360dpi video from You Tube my PowerPro plan service was ok even though the speed test confirmed otherwise.
My ISP service is running at a average of 20-30 percent of what my plan calls for and is not acceptable to me. It is also unacceptable to me for a customer service Rep to get upset with me after a hour with her when I ask to speak with a supervisor. And then leaves me on hold for another 20 minutes before coming back to tell my a supervisor will have to return my call latter that day which did not happen. I placed my case number during my first post it is,
Case Number 33450678
I have been putting up with this for 10 months and to find out after I sign up for Gen4 and its installed its the same story, No where near what Hughes Net is promoting!
Heavyhook

Heavyhook to gwalk

to gwalk
Sorry I got back into everything but your question. I am running Windows XP Pro w/service pac 3, with Internet Explorer browser on a Toshiba Laptop with Intel T-2400 cpu @ Duo(two chips) 1:83mz and 4gb DDR2 RAM, with two 160gb 7200rpm hard drives in a raid array. Still has 60gb free space!
Customer Rep tried to tell me having only 60gb free space on my hard drive was the problem for slow download speeds? Its all I could do not break out laughing at her.
When I go to other know good ISP connections my system fly's thru downloads!
hughesnet123
join:2012-11-08

hughesnet123 to Heavyhook

to Heavyhook
That's not good. 50 hours to download? You don't have a lot of spyware running do you? I know someone who has a 20mb connection and they were getting around 1mb just due to the crap on their computer.

If you are getting too slow of speeds ask if someone else can point the dish. Did the installers act like they knew what they were doing? My installers did a good job. I get very good signal. But I believe I might live right where the beam is hitting. I'm not sure. I looked on some map but I'm not sure if I hit the right thing.

There are some slow days. I've had hughesnet gen 4 for a week. Every day I have done speed test. Some days do tend to be slower than others. Some times seem to be slower than others.

The speed seems to come at a burst also. So, if you're doing speedtest on a website like speedtest.net you have to watch the meter. Because it goes in burst. It can be 9mb one second and 3mb the next second.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to Heavyhook

Premium Member

to Heavyhook
Heavyhook, I would still encourage you to post your issue and case numbers on the official Hughesnet forum. They can review the recordings of your dealings with customer service and at times cut through some red tape.

For what it is worth the whole Hughesnet system seems to be running like crap..DNS errors and so forth.
Heavyhook

Heavyhook

I have posted my concerns and case number on the Hughes Forum under problems as you suggested. The only security I am running is Windows Security Essentials. As I stated I can go to a land line "Time Warner" fiber optic Ethernet 20mbs service, and I get 15mbs to 18mbs consistently. I also have a Desktop PC in my office and experence exact same troubles.
The installer that did my upgrade had 14 years experience and is a dealer "owner" for Dish network, DirectTV,WildBlue"Exceed",Hughes Net. I was watching the laptop install screen when he was re-pointing the dish and if I remember right it showed a reading of 140 was perfect and the installer locked it down @ 138! Took 30 minutes total. Said he had 2 other installers he had trained working for him full time.
This is not my first high speed connection, I moved from the DFW metroplex where I had 12mbs fiber optic Ethernet to the country 2 years ago. I understand slow day/times when more demand is on the ISP, IE:Right after the kids get home from school and you can see it go back up right after the rug-rats go to bed. Of course you can expect weekends and holidays to degrade service speeds too.
My big complaint with Hughes Gen4 is when they advertise 10mbs down/2mbs up I expect it to be close if not exceed those speeds during slower demand times and be no less than 70% of that when their in a higher demand time frame.
The 20%-30% average with a peak of 4.5mbs is unacceptable to me. From dealing with their Customer Service Rep's and when they try to get me to believe thats ok service for the $100 a month this is costing me is the exact reason I want my service with HughesNet canceled.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to Heavyhook

Premium Member

to Heavyhook
You really can't compare Hughesnet to any land based ISP. Just apples and oranges there.

Hughesnet is just riddled with problems that are never really resolved.
Perhaps you may wish to file a complaint with BBB but they have no teeth.
Your best bet may be just to cancel your service and pay the ETF.
It doesn't sound like you will ever be satisfied with sat internet. It is more of a "get you through" type of service than a real ISP.
Heavyhook

Heavyhook

I disagree, I would be completely satisfied if Hughes Net would just provide the service they advertise and sign you up for. If a company tells you they will give you 5 apples a month for a set price or 5 oranges for the same price thats what you should get. 10mbs is the same no matter if it comes thru a telephone line, power line, Satellite or a laser beam bounced off the moon .
There is a thing in this country we call false advertising. Thats exactly what HughesNet Gen 4 is. Why should I pay a ETP when they are the ones not providing the service they claim too? I am damn sure giving up my $$$$ as I agreed to do!

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

1 edit

gwalk to Heavyhook

Premium Member

to Heavyhook
I think you will find that the "fine print" reads "up to" for speeds.
Yes hughesnet is slippery.
Has Sara or Snow responded to your posting ?

I guess you could try contacting Hughesnet Executive Customer Care as a last resort:

Ellen Martz Senior Director Customer Services, (301) 428-5701, emartz@hns.com

I think I would get my info straight and exhuast all other avenues first.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to Heavyhook

Premium Member

to Heavyhook
said by Heavyhook:

HT1000 modem
GEN 4 service no where near what HushesNet advertises!
Edit Subject I have been a HughesNet customer since January. I have continual poor response time and download speeds. I was originally on Hughes basic plan. I had a 4gb
file I needed to update. I took 50 hours to download.
I have spent many hours connected to customer service trying to correct my issues. One week ago while dealing with personal who can barely speak the English language I
was convinced to upgrade to Gen4 service. I ask how I could believe their service would be what they claim when for the previous 10 months they could not deliver the
service I was subscribed too.
Against my better judgment I was talked into upgrading to Gen4's Power Pro plan. Its supposed to be up to 2mbs up and 10mbs down speeds. I was assured by the customer
service countless times how great Gen4 would be. Even the Ping/delay/ response time was going to be greatly improved!
Now the truth, the real speeds average between 2mbs and 3mbs with a max just over 4mbs The ping rate has not improved any over the old system. I know about the disclaimer
"your actual speed may be slower" REALLY!!
I have ran speed tests on different days and times and even on several other sites that have speed test. All my testing shows the same thing you will never get any where
close to to what HughesNet claims the performance is. Less than 50% of advertised speeds max but between 20 to 30 percent average.
The customer REP reverted to blaming my computer or my hard drive as the cause for my slow connection speeds. I took my laptop to a friends house the next day in town
that a Time Warner Ethernet connection. I ran the exact same test thru independent and Time Warner's testing and received the same results 15-18mbs download and 4-5mbs
ups. How about that its not my computer! "Really"
I have called back and did the same song and dance with customer service and when speed results showed exactly what I have posted the REP says just the time of day we are
testing. "B.S". This is the normal performance 24/7. Rep then ask me to go to You Tube and try to down load a video. So I can stream a video at 360dpi so what. How does
that equate to being able to down files at any where near my plans speeds.
I ask to speak to a supervisor and the REP. got very angry with me. I explained we had a difference of opinion and insisted on speaking to a Supervisor. After 20 minutes
on hold she took my telephone number and said a Supervisor would call me back shortly.This was like 2:00PM Sunday afternoon. I do not get a return call until the next
day at 7:00am while I am headed to work.Really like they were really trying to address my issues.
MY latest Case Number is 33450678 .
At this point I just want to be released from the new two year contract HughesNet put me under to install the GEN4 service. I would even be willing to pay the $150 charge
to re-point the dish and change out the modem.
HughesNet has my telephone number and email contact under
Case# 33450678. If I can not resolve my issues I guess my next steps will be to post this info on any review websites and with the BBB. Save yourself and tell freinds find anything but HughesNet for a ISP !!!

Even Wired CABLE internet is not any faster

That is DOCSIS 3.0 with 4 channels bonded.
Heavyhook

Heavyhook

I had RoadRunner @ one time, if I recall right it was ATT's copper wire service at my location? I personally had 12mbs from Time Warner via fiber-optic transmission before I moved to a country home. I still own that house I had 12mbs service at and the person now renting the property informs me he now gets up to 20mbs.
The man that came out and installed my Gen4 service was out of Fort Worth,Texas. He remarked while here that ISP's in Fort Worth can now provide 100mbs. He didn't say what the transmission type was to achieve those speeds. One thing for sure its not coming thru a satellite ! I bet if I signed up I bet my speeds would be more like the ones you posted.
Interesting Speedtest.net results you posted, gives you a Grade:D. I have ran the same test on my Gen4 service several times with a consistent Grade:F, Enough said.
Expand your moderator at work

ReallyHughes
@direcway.com

ReallyHughes to Heavyhook

Anon

to Heavyhook

Re: HughesNet Gen4 BIG RIP OFF $$$$

This is what I have from Hughesnet without gen4.. Are you really complaining that your speed is 10x faster then mine?

manfred1953
@direcpc.com

manfred1953 to gwalk

Anon

to gwalk
i would suggest you contact the executive team for help. I did and they helped me. they sent out a tech to repoint my dish and didn't charge me anything. THey were very helpful. The man that helped me was William. AS for sara and snow, They are just repeating parrots.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

That is what I suggested to the OP. ECC can get a little testy however if you jump right to the top before trying other avenues.
Heavyhook

Heavyhook to gwalk

to gwalk

Re: HughesNet Gen4 BIG RIP OFF $$$$

The Tech that came out to do my upgrade installed another smaller radio and re-pointed my dish. I was watching the setup screen he had pulled up on my laptop while he was reaming the dish. It showed a reading of 140 to be the best and it showed my signal was @ 139. So I would think its as close as you could dial it in.

I never have heard anything out of Sara after placing 2 post on Hughes Forum Page.

I have been testing my speeds every day, several times a day. Over this past weekend my down/up speeds both averaged 800mbs-900mbs. At one point my up speeds were higher than my down speeds.During the week I am still averaging between 2000-3000 down and 800-900 up.

This Gen 4 is GARBAGE ! I can get close to 2000mbs thru my Gen3 using my cell phone and the EasyTether APP. Hughes Gen 4 is like throwing money away!