Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm to j1349705

Premium Member

to j1349705

Re: ndis.sys crash on Server 2008 R2

said by j1349705:

Do you have any software firewalls other than the native one that comes with Windows? If so, try removing them. I have seen this exact behavior in multiple occasions. The same thing applies to anything else that installs as a NDIS filter. I know you said nothing has been installed recently, but I have seen this kind of issue occur suddenly for no apparent reason.

If it is not an onboard NIC, do you have a spare you could try? Hardware issues are always a possibility.

Yeah, both on-board. ESET threw an error in the event logs and I removed the AV but it didn't fix anything. I'll try the spare mobo but I have neither the time nor the patience to really troubleshoot it. I'm seriously contemplating making one of the connections active and removing the DC role the blowing it away and start with a fresh install.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

This is one of three DCs? What else does it do? Unless this is a remote DC, needed for some HIGH load or something like that, do you really need a 3rd DC? If this is just a DC and you don't have a special need for it, I say dcpromo it and kill it. Easy way out

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

The firmware upgrade fixed the NDIS problems but still BSODs. She got nuked this morning.