how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tuumi

join:2012-03-24
Roseville, MI

Online bill payment

Anyone else have problems with it. I see links on the left side but they are not clickable. I sent a message and they said to find another way to pay. So here I am a few months later and the same problem. How can they not have a working online payment system?

I'm trying to keep WOW because I like being able to stream from my computer but there are too many instances of choppy video and video drop outs. My girlfriend pays the bills and not having a usable online system for payments is the last straw.

dannyg402004

join:2012-11-09
Last month I had problems. What bugs me is I log in, then when you click on the pay bill link, it takes you to a page where you have to log in again. Sometimes it acts up. Do you have a bank that you do banking online with ? I have billpay with my bank and I listed WOW and the account there, so all I have to do is log in, enter the amount, and send payment.

tuumi

Roseville, MI
reply to tuumi
In addition the bill came last week. There was no lead time to mail the bill in order for it to get there on time. As a result we had to go to the service center to pay and they couldn't accept it because of the account number on the bill not matching a new system.

Now I want to call and there is a message on the website that wait times are super long and that I can use one of there automated online payments. Really!!!?? The links are not clickable!!!!!What a mess.

dannyg402004

A few weeks ago I was trying to call and kept getting a busy signal. Now it's a 50/50 chance you will get through. And the wait times are long. They said they are redoing their lines or call center or something so that's why they are having issues. Don't know when it's supposed to be resolved, but it it did get better. Few weeks ago no calls went through. Also, if I remember correct someone said they changed to Ultra and their bill date changed and asked if that was normal. There were reply's that WOW was changing the date for billing cycles...

dannyg402004

Just for the heck of it I tried and it takes me to the make payment page and I just paid my bill the 1st of the month, they came Friday and installed the Ultra TV, and I see I have a balance of $57.38. Probably for the new Install, and it better not be due until next month. What I hate is the page always show you your last payment, and now the amount due, but don't ever tell you what date the payment is due on.

dannyg402004

Amount of Last Bill
$147.64
Billing Date
10/16/2012

Last Payment
$147.64
Last Payment date
10/31/2012

Current Balance
$57.38
Submit Payment

That don't make any sense !

dannyg402004

Please note – We are currently upgrading our billing system and you now have access to your past statements in PDF format. Your October statement will be available in the next few days.

The page shows a current balance of $57.38, but when you click the link to show in pdf format, it shows you the prior bill you just paid. I hope WOW gets this together .......

tuumi

Roseville, MI
reply to tuumi
I wish I could get any of that. All I get is an update info page when I login. All the links on the left don't do anything.

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27
reply to tuumi
I pay my bill via the phone. I normally call in off hours when it goes right to the automated system. Even durring the worst of the mess just after Sandy I had no issue paying within a few minutes.

dannyg402004

reply to tuumi
»login.wowway.com/Default.aspx

That don't work ?

tuumi

Roseville, MI
Click for full size

tuumi

Roseville, MI
This is my dead end. I can't do anything from here because there are no links to take me anywhere.

dannyg402004

reply to tuumi

I can log in from that link.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to tuumi
It works for me with Firefox on Win7 desktop

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

1 recommendation

reply to tuumi
It's because you're logged in as a secondary user. Looking at the URL at the top, it says "SecondaryUser.aspx" which means you're not logged into the primary account. Login to the primary account and you'll see "AccountSummary.aspx" at the end of the URL and the links will be clickable on the left. Only the original account registered can access the Billing center, not secondary accounts added to the primary account.

dannyg402004

reply to tuumi
This link don't work ?

wowcoder

join:2010-03-04
reply to tuumi
said by tuumi:

I see links on the left side but they are not clickable.

It sounds like you are not logging in as the primary user. When you login as a sub-user those aren't clickable for me either. I'm assuming you will have to call in and have them verify if that is set to be the primary user on your account.

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
reply to tuumi
I just paid my bill a couple days ago (it was late 4 days because they never sent me an email notice and they moved the payment day up 5 days without telling me)

Everything worked fine for me.

sportscubs30

join:2009-06-10
reply to tuumi
My parents received the bill in the mail on the same day it was due! I don't remember getting the bill in the mail at all! I was lucky to check online and WOW added an extra ten dollars to my bill.

I wouldn't mind paying extra if I was getting like 20 MBps or more for my internet speed. I think it is a joke that they finally added a little more bandwidth and after a month or two they start charging for it! No warning at all for that.

The internet this morning is behaving like it is 5 MBps.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
said by sportscubs30:

My parents received the bill in the mail on the same day it was due! I don't remember getting the bill in the mail at all! I was lucky to check online and WOW added an extra ten dollars to my bill.

Maybe you hit 12 months and a discount dropped off? I would definitely call, they might do something. They seem to like happy customers if you are nice, but concerned on the phone.
--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Join Artist-247

baess

join:2011-01-28
reply to tuumi
I just checked and my new bill is online, in the new format. Besides being a bit prettier the discounts are broken down a bit more. Mine was exactly right, amount due did not change.

As was mentioned, my billing cycle changed by about 10 days for when the bill is due. I have AutoPay so I will need to change which credit card gets used. For those who don't know, WOW accepts CCs for AutoPay (and regular payment I assume), a good way to earn some cash back.