uniqs
share rss forum feed

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.
reply to Heavyhook

Re: HughesNet Gen4 BIG RIP OFF $$$$

If you haven't a done so you may wish to post this including your case number here:

»community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics

Maybe Sara can look in to your issue.
By any chance are you running OSX Mountain Lion ?

One More Too

join:2010-09-09
Galena, IL
said by gwalk:

If you haven't a done so you may wish to post this including your case number here:

»community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics

Maybe Sara can look in to your issue.
By any chance are you running OSX Mountain Lion ?

In addition to the suggestion quoted above, you might have a better chance of having someone respond to and deal with issues that you are having if you organized and shortened your presentation and if you used paragraphs. I know that I tried to follow what you were saying, but, about half way through, I gave up.

Heavyhook

join:2012-11-13
I tried to give a history of my experience from the first week in Jan 2012 until now. I have spent many hours and calls with customer service which was unsuccessful. I was talked into Gen4 one week ago and it is just as bad. My average speed is between 2mbs-3mbs download, and the ping rate is as poor as before Gen4.
Customer service REP seemed to think because I could download a 360dpi video from You Tube my PowerPro plan service was ok even though the speed test confirmed otherwise.
My ISP service is running at a average of 20-30 percent of what my plan calls for and is not acceptable to me. It is also unacceptable to me for a customer service Rep to get upset with me after a hour with her when I ask to speak with a supervisor. And then leaves me on hold for another 20 minutes before coming back to tell my a supervisor will have to return my call latter that day which did not happen. I placed my case number during my first post it is,
Case Number 33450678
I have been putting up with this for 10 months and to find out after I sign up for Gen4 and its installed its the same story, No where near what Hughes Net is promoting!

Heavyhook

join:2012-11-13
reply to gwalk
Sorry I got back into everything but your question. I am running Windows XP Pro w/service pac 3, with Internet Explorer browser on a Toshiba Laptop with Intel T-2400 cpu @ Duo(two chips) 1:83mz and 4gb DDR2 RAM, with two 160gb 7200rpm hard drives in a raid array. Still has 60gb free space!
Customer Rep tried to tell me having only 60gb free space on my hard drive was the problem for slow download speeds? Its all I could do not break out laughing at her.
When I go to other know good ISP connections my system fly's thru downloads!