join:2008-03-15
Annie's Pub

2 recommendations

Smokey Bear to siliconman01

Premium Member

to siliconman01
IE10 on Windows 7 breaks down Aero:
quote:
Internet Explorer 10 has arrived on Windows 7 platforms this week, but it appears that this particular version is pretty buggy and causes users more trouble than good.

Several consumers have already posted messages on Microsoft’s support forums, asking for help as Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview broke down the Aero interface on Windows 7.

“I have dual monitors, one is on landscape orientation and the other is in portrait orientation. I noticed when I switched the second monitor from landscape orientation to portrait orientation aero breaks. The OS shows the basic theme rather than Aero,” one user wrote.

“I'm using an Nvidia gt680 using the 310.54 drivers. I've installed other version of the video card drivers and the same issue occurs. When I roll internet explorer 10 back to 9 the issue resolves itself.”

Sadly, there’s no workaround for the problem at this point, and consumers have no other choice than to go back to Internet Explorer 9 to re-enable Aero.

Removing all startup programs and performing a clean boot doesn’t seem to fix the issue, some users claim. What’s more, uninstalling IE10 Preview from the Windows Update, updating video drivers or installing the beta drivers do not make any difference.
Source: Softpedia

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

MS Answers would not have been the first place that I had read negative and poor outcomes from this software.

Lack of up-front user information, would be one, support options, would be another, among many.

I give three thumbs down on this software.
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned) to StuartMW

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

I think you mean ""

(No BTW)

Exactly!

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline to Smokey Bear

Premium Member

to Smokey Bear
Softpedia does not cite the MS Answers threads ? Why not ? Is Softpedia busted as well

Smokey Bear
veritas odium parit
Premium Member
Annie's Pub

Smokey Bear

Premium Member

Here the MS Answers thread: »answers.microsoft.com/en ··· c359960f

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

Now tell yer Buds at Softpedia to write a correction for not having cited the MS Answers link(s) when they should have.
• Sloppy Journalism, IMO

Smokey Bear
veritas odium parit
Premium Member
Annie's Pub

2 recommendations

Smokey Bear

Premium Member

You are a full-grown guy and as far I know not shy, why don't you tell it Bogdan Popa, author of the article? He will be pleased to receive your comment, please do it here: »news.softpedia.com/edito ··· dan-popa

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to siliconman01

Premium Member

to siliconman01
well, it is faster for me, which is kinda scary lol. Almost as fast as chrome....wtf am I dreaming?

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger to siliconman01

Premium Member

to siliconman01
I hope the final version reaches it optimal potential. If so it could be the best IE ever and clearly one of the browsers available. But potential is one thing and living up to it is another.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to Smokey Bear

Premium Member

to Smokey Bear
quote:
IE10 on Windows 7 breaks down Aero:

... Source: Softpedia

That's not good.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

Someone in the MS software community was supposed to run IE10 under Win 7 in a VM over the weekend, so far, I've hear nada and probably won't.

It's a disaster
MIXZ1
join:2001-01-02
Florida

MIXZ1 to siliconman01

to siliconman01
Win 7 Pro, 64 bit 4 GB Ram ThinkPad T520. Downloaded and installed, rebooted. It opens to an hourglass and closes after about 5 seconds. Never successfully opened. Uninstalled using Control Panel. IE9 32 bit is hosed and will not open at all. IE9 64 bit still runs. Tried re-installing IE9 and get the "can't install because there is a newer version of IE". Good job MS. Fortunately Chrome is my default browser and remains untouched.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Might want to try removing IE9 as a Windows feature and then re-adding it. That's normally how I do a re-install of it. Reboots are needed both times.
MIXZ1
Florida

MIXZ1

No joy. Only change is that IE9 32 doesn't even try to open. Just a lot of disk thrashing with hourglass and then it quits. IE9 64 is still fine.

merlock
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Warner Robins, GA

merlock to siliconman01

Premium Member

to siliconman01
Been running IE10 since the release. Haven't had any problems. Do like the 'Enhanced Protected Mode'...turns off just about everything.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to MIXZ1

to MIXZ1
> Tried re-installing IE9 and get the "can't install because there is a newer version of IE".

Restore point?

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to merlock

Premium Member

to merlock
said by merlock:

Been running IE10 since the release. Haven't had any problems. Do like the 'Enhanced Protected Mode'...turns off just about everything.

I'm having the same experience and it does seem to run a little faster.
Msradell

Msradell to therube

Premium Member

to therube
said by therube:

> Tried re-installing IE9 and get the "can't install because there is a newer version of IE".

Restore point?

You have to completely uninstall it first. You'll find it listed under the updates section under programs and features in the control panel. Just uninstall the update for IE9.
MIXZ1
Florida

MIXZ1 to therube

to therube
said by therube:

Restore point?

Didn't help.

Gone Fishing
Premium Member
join:2001-06-29

Gone Fishing to siliconman01

Premium Member

to siliconman01
said by Msradell:

said by merlock:

I'm having the same experience and it does seem to run a little faster.

Posted: · 2012-11-12 09:22:53 ·
DSLR - Benchmarks: »[Info] Patch Tuesday: Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7

apfdog
@videotron.ca

apfdog to Smokey Bear

Anon

to Smokey Bear
Regarding the issue of win7/ie10/portrait monitor=broken aero:

Is Microsoft acknowledging that many users have the same exact experience when installing ie10 on Win 7 where Aero disables when a monitor is in portrait mode?

I have seen *many* postings on multiple forums indicating this problem with various video card and platform configurations.

In most cases the user clearly states that everything worked fine until the installation of ie10 and that the only solutions are either (1) roll back the browser or (2) don't use portrait mode.

If Microsoft is fixing this ie10 bug then it may make sense to hang on for a short while waiting for the fix.

If instead, Microsoft is trying to put this bug on legacy registry errors from McAfee, etc. and cant bother to simply confirm/reproduce this widely published bug experience, then why bother?

Better off to uninstall ie and finally make the official migration to an alternative vendor's browser.

MICROSOFT: Please officially acknowledge this known bug in ie10 so that we can focus on getting a fix.

"Admitting you have a problem is half the battle..."