Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer

Re: Blue Post Tracker: Zarhym tackles worldofquestcraft QQ

They have a weird tactic going on right now where the tone comes out as "this is our vision, and frankly we're right".

I think that Blizzard was honestly surprised that people viewed dailies as "mandatory", even when they can get equvialent or better gear elsewhere (e.g. raiding). And they thought (rationally) that if you're not raiding, what's the rush?

The problem is most raiders use gear as a natural nerfing system. Lore brought this up in a Marmot: sure, your 463->489 neck upgrade isn't going to make the raid suddenly succeed (a point blizzard made) ... but 10 people getting that upgrade? That might matter. So you need 10 people gunning for that upgrade, which means 10 people doing all the dailies.

I do like his ideas about gaining with one faction a week or whatever, because I do not think people are against capping rep on a weekly basis; the VP cap was never an issue.

And I still think the easiest thing they could do is actually unlock Shado-pan and AC dailies before forcing you to grind Golden Lotus.

A). Their dailies are much quicker to do, so you don't feel its as grindy, or at the very least you can progress SOMEWHERE in 20 minutes a day, instead of an hour.
B). Targeting gear slots is important when considering your VP purchases. I had to buy a ring I didn't REALLY want from GoLo, because I had to wait til I got the rep done with Shado-pan before I could get the hat I wanted, and didn't want to cap my valor out. That wouldn't have been necessary if I could do Shado-pan first.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Dude doesn't have time to do dailies on one toon, but can level 9 to level 90 in 6 weeks...dafuq?

I stopped reading right there.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Yeah, they picked a weird post to make an OP for this response.

Like, yes, you'd have a hard time doing enough dailies to max out 9 characters. The same would apply to dungeons, LFR, and other content that people don't complain about (in regards to the grind).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Ya, just getting one toon to 90 burned me out on leveling a bit.

on the other hand I did get that toon to do all of panda loremaster before I really considered it leveled (ie 90 and then 2.5 more zones.)

my next 90 will be purely via dungons.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Well... to that I have to say that if I wasn't still trying to lead a raiding team right now, I'd be leveling alts instead of doing dailies. Why? because leveling alts gives real feedback. Everthing I do progresses my toon in a real way. With dailies... I get feedback about every 2-3 weeks if I didn't miss a day...

But I'm never all that moved by someone saying "I quit, but before I go here are all the reasons I'm quitting". 'I quit' should be a silent thing, after all of your efforts to change the system have been exhausted, IMO.

At best, the "I quit" should only be qualified by "because it didn't seem like anything I said was taken to heart".

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

The only dailies I like doing on alts are for Tillers, because a). they're quick and b). they give material reward to my main (in the form of more food that I'm not having to worry about buying on the AH).

I've got an alt in a one-night-a-week raid team that I'm basically saying "let the drops come how they may". I'll do LFR, because I have fun doing LFR. I'll do the occasional dungeon, esp if a friend is running one. And I'm coming around to "this is actually intended and I'm okay with that, because this raid is more casual".

I'm not grinding out 4 factions worth of Revered rep. Not for my alts.

Maybe when they get +rep from having one toon at Revered.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

BTW 5.1 is now finally a release candidate, so I'd bet 2-3 more weeks maybe.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake

MVM

said by DarkLogix:

BTW 5.1 is now finally a release candidate, so I'd bet 2-3 more weeks maybe.

I hope that's the case. Been holding back on the alt rep grinds for the bonus XP...and only doing that for the VP gear.

One thing that really bothers me about the dailies is some of the drop rates. One of the Klaxxi dailies is to get 4 Mushtan tongues. Apparently, the dread wastes are hard on the Mushtan since I have to kill 20 to 30 of them to get 4 tongues. There are a few other quests annoying like this. The other that comes to mind is the 6 shackles quest. All these indentured slaves and only 1 in 8 is shackled?

Just wish they drop rates made more sense...and that since you are exalted with the Tillers, your farming techniques keep stupid weeds and critters from invading your garden.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

good point. This low drop rate leads to a lot of world pvp over the quest mobs. I won't go in there to do dailies unless I'm in a full group, lol.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to seaquake

Premium Member

to seaquake
Their tongues often get burned off by my fire sorry.
Same with the shackles.

The fire is so hot they get destroyed most of the time.

there you go some reason for the bad drop rates.