uniqs
share rss forum feed

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL

Interesting EMAIL from NWS

I'm not sure what this means, but it sort of looks like the NWS may be thinking about cutting off EMAIL and MMS messages.

Text of the EMail..

Dear NOAA's National Weather Service Email or SMS/text Message Subscribers,

GovDelivery will continue to provide email and SMS/text messages using publicly available authoritative data sources from the NOAA's National Weather Service (NWS) to all subscribers without disruption for the next 30 days.

More information will be communicated to subscribers at a later date on how to continue to receive National Weather Service updates beyond that time.

Thank You

GovDelivery Client Service Team

GeekNJ
Premium
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ

»www.weather.gov/subscribe explains it in detail. it also lists additional 3rd party sources.

In case that link changes in the future, »www.nws.noaa.gov/om/notification···very.htm is a backup of some of the info.
--
Tweaked your connection? | Mail Parse | Speed Converter

screavan

join:2012-11-27
Pearcy, AR

2 recommendations

reply to SmokChsr

I started a plain service myself for my brother who works in the utility industry you are welcome to use it too. »serverstrategies.com/myweather/signup.php it polls every 2 minutes for new watches / warnings to any area someone subbed to. It also sends a weekly forecast to the inbox on any area you choose on Sunday at 9am