All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SunnyD
join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

SunnyD

FCC should force them to return the spectrum.

All spectrum sales need to have a condition that if there is no build plan filed within 30 days of purchase for approved use of that spectrum within, say, a 24-month time frame, the owner loses the license to the spectrum with no monetary compensation.

Basically anything to keep companies from squatting on spectrum just to keep the competitors out and/or the prices artificially inflated and prohibitive for new competition.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by SunnyD:

Basically anything to keep companies from squatting on spectrum just to keep the competitors out and/or the prices artificially inflated and prohibitive for new competition.

Umm, VZ is planning to sell licenses for use of the spectrum.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

So what happens to the condition that this spectrum is to be used by mid '13? If the FCC lets this sale happen they are completely useless and might as well just let these companies do whatever they want.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

said by bobjohnson:

If the FCC lets this sale happen they are completely useless and might as well just let these companies do whatever they want.

Have you been watching for the last several years?

bobjohnson
Premium Member
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

Yes, I've seen that they bought the A, B and C blocks and only used the upper C. Held on to the others so that no one else could use it. Now they're so kind as to sell the A and B to the highest bidder since their buildout timeframe is expiring quickly
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

I was speaking to your comment about the FCC being useless.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

said by openbox9:

I was speaking to your comment about the FCC being useless.

Yeah, we already knew that.