uniqs
share rss forum feed

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

[MLB] Reported--Blue Jays take on some serious payroll

Right now Jon Morosi and Ken Rosenthal are reporting that Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, and Mark Buerhle are going to Toronto in exchange for Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria. Dont know if this is the complete list of players being moved.

Jeff and HiVolt must be shittin themselves.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

I am... lol... I like the idea of getting rid of some young underachievers for some proven major league talent...

Two starters with many years of experience... Huge for the Jays, whose pitching fell apart last year after injuries to an already young & inexperienced staff...

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to The Dv8or

The Marlins sure know how to keep a team. Good luck with Reyes! Sad to see him leave the NL East.

Edit:

Jays get Reyes, Buehrle, Johnson, John Buck and Emilo Bonifacio. What a steal

Marlins gets Yunel Escobar and 3 prospects
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to The Dv8or

Does that mean Ozzie is going to the Jays as well? The only [big league] manager Buehrle has worked for is Ozzie.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by AZ_OGM:

Does that mean Ozzie is going to the Jays as well? The only [big league] manager Buehrle has worked for is Ozzie.

I would love to see Ozzie manage the Jays, he is a no bullshit type guy and that's what we need here...

However only if he could tone down his antics a bit when talking to the media...
--

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO

said by HiVolt:

said by AZ_OGM:

I would love to see Ozzie manage the Jays, he is a no bullshit type guy and that's what we need here...

However only if he could tone down his antics a bit when talking to the media...

Do you people have a hated dictator he can profess his love for?
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

1 recommendation

said by The Dv8or:

Do you people have a hated dictator he can profess his love for?

Hahaha... Sure his name is Stephen Harper (our prime minister) or as we like to call him George W Junior.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to The Dv8or

said by The Dv8or:

Right now Jon Morosi and Ken Rosenthal are reporting that Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, and Mark Buerhle are going to Toronto in exchange for Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria. Dont know if this is the complete list of players being moved.

Jeff and HiVolt must be shittin themselves.

Shocked beyond belief, I pissed and shit myself!

Just waiting for the words "official".

It will make a huge difference for this organization.

Will start saving for my playoff tickets..
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

It's taking a while to become official though... I wonder if there's a health issue of one the players holding things up...

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by HiVolt:

It's taking a while to become official though... I wonder if there's a health issue of one the players holding things up...

1. Find the player.
2. Health check.
3. Mail to Bud in Milwaukee.
4. MLB Approval.
5. Contact Toronto and Miami that trade is approved.

I expect today or Friday.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

I guess, with 12 players involved its not quick & easy...

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO

Theyre prolly doing a lot of due diligence on Reyes. AstroTurf is gonna do no good for his career.
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by The Dv8or:

Theyre prolly doing a lot of due diligence on Reyes. AstroTurf is gonna do no good for his career.

I never understood why the field at the Dome doesnt have the dirt all the way around the bases like some stadiums do... that would fix the turf problem at least for the infielders, at least for the majority of plays.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

Because of football.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by shaner:

Because of football.

Ahh.. lol... silly CFL.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

Ummm....the Argos are the ONLY playoff team in town.

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by The Dv8or:

I never understood why the field at the Dome doesnt have the dirt all the way around the bases like some stadiums do... that would fix the turf problem at least for the infielders, at least for the majority of plays.

Would it? The "dirt" is not dirty, but tiny little rubber pebbles. Ive been on that field and picked up a bunch of the stuff. Totally synthetic.
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Oh really? Heh, i've been to the Dome but never on the field... How the hell did you do that?

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

The field has rubber in it too.

Anyway, while you people were slacking off talking in-depth about the field at the Rogers Centre, I was hoping someone would want to discuss the 2-year $16 million contract with Melky Cabrara Alex just did.

Rogers gave Alex the Mastercard...obviously.
--

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ

Hopefully the GM put a clause in there that would void the contract if he gets busted for PEDs again.
I'm sure there are a few Giant fans who frequented AT&T park who'd be willing to sell their Melk Man costumes.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

I think Melky has learned his lesson, if not, he's the biggest idiot on the planet.

No need for contracts though, he gets caught, it's a year suspension, and the team isn't legally obligated to pay, in fact, it legally obligated NOT to pay.
--

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Oh really? Heh, i've been to the Dome but never on the field... How the hell did you do that?

A couple of years ago I rented the place out for a few days. They let you do pretty much everything, except I couldnt open the roof. Considering we had speakers hanging from the roof, that was probably a good idea to leave it alone.
--

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to The Dv8or

I believe they use standard stuff now, though I could be wrong. Would have been changed for 2011 season.
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to The Dv8or

said by The Dv8or:

said by HiVolt:

A couple of years ago I rented the place out for a few days. They let you do pretty much everything, except I couldnt open the roof. Considering we had speakers hanging from the roof, that was probably a good idea to leave it alone.

So when's your next concert tour anyway? That last one was great. Loved your versions of "Honky Tonk Women" and "Moon River."
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to The Dv8or

Trade's final.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON

Melky finalized as well. Looks like they got their manager as well. John Gibbons.

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO

said by J E F F:

Melky finalized as well. Looks like they got their manager as well. John Gibbons.

I cant believe you guys hired that psycho a 2nd time.
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Well lets hope it works out this time, lol... maybe he learned from his mistakes...

At least its not another rookie...

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO

Rookie managers worked out pretty well this past year.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to The Dv8or

I was surprised they brought back Gibbons. I would have liked to see Jim Tracy
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016