HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4

Re: [MLB] Reported--Blue Jays take on some serious payroll

I don't see the Jays going for Swisher... I think he's had his best moments already...

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

I bet he'll sign with the Indians or Mariners. Orioles in a long shot.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I'm surprised that the Orioles have basically stood idle, after their nice run last year...

They won so many 1-run games and extra inning games, how do the expect to repeat that? I see the Orioles coming down to earth next year.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

JRW2 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Mets sending pitcher R.A.Dickey to Toronto. More big bucks on Toronto payroll:
»espn.go.com/new-york/mlb ··· rce-says

This is why the METS will never be a contender....
Anytime they have a good player or a potentially good player, they either trade them away or let them walk.
It wouldn't be so bad if they got something in the trade or signed a great player to replace them, but neither happens.

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

The Dv8or

Premium Member

said by JRW2:

said by FFH5:

Anytime they have a good player or a potentially good player, they either trade them away or let them walk.
It wouldn't be so bad if they got something in the trade or signed a great player to replace them, but neither happens.

They got Toronto's 1st and 3rd best prospect, the 1st being considered the 11th best prospect in all of baseball.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

JRW2

Premium Member

said by The Dv8or:

said by JRW2:

said by FFH5:

They got Toronto's 1st and 3rd best prospect, the 1st being considered the 11th best prospect in all of baseball.

Considering the situation the METS rotation is presently in, I would have preferred to have a known winning pitcher on staff as opposed to a potential player. Santana may or may not ever return to the pitcher he was, and the rest of the rotation is a big question mark at this point.

Toronto let these guys go because they have no idea when, if ever, they will be ready for the big leagues...

And lets not forget past history with the Mets, how many people have they traded away who had great careers and the people they got to replace them were more a detriment to the team rather than a bonus....

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to The Dv8or

Premium Member

to The Dv8or
Santana is the next domino to fall