how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dslkrak

join:2012-01-07

Digital OTA signal & Moca signal in a single coaxial cable

Hello,

I have a question about the transmission of the digital OTA signal through the same coaxial cable that is used by the Verizon Fios Moca network. I do have internet only Verizon Fios (coaxial internet connection from ONT). I want to connect the output of the digital OTA antenna in the attic to the cable that is coming from ONT using a splitter so that I can get TV signal in all the terminals through out the house. I don't have much technical background on these signals. I do understand the WAN & the LAN signals use different frequencies within the same coaxial cable. But what about the frequencies of the digital OTA signals? Can they coexist in the same cable without causing interference in the Moca network? Does a diplexer/duplexer help in the separation of these frequencies and hence the interference?

I would greatly appreciate any information in this regard.

Thanks for your help in advance.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:31
MOCA signals are well above the OTA band. No problem combining them as long as you don't have FIOS-TV.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

dslkrak

join:2012-01-07
said by More Fiber:

MOCA signals are well above the OTA band. No problem combining them as long as you don't have FIOS-TV.

Thanks for your reply. No, I don't have Fios TV. Regarding using the splitters any good ones out there? What about diplexer? It is it overkill?