Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas

Re: iPhone4 with iOS 6 using AirTunes with 1st Gen AppleTV

That's 'cause they haven't pushed any updates.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

Yup. And I suspect they're done with that platform.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

For certain, but $99 for a newer model isn't that bad especially since it has more capabilities.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

I don't have personal experience from the 1st gen ATV but from what I hear from friends it is a PITA to keep it connected to the network. Theirs is down more than up.

I agree, the $99 current gen is very nice. A rare, sensibly priced product from Apple.
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune

said by Nezmo:

I don't have personal experience from the 1st gen ATV but from what I hear from friends it is a PITA to keep it connected to the network. Theirs is down more than up.

I agree, the $99 current gen is very nice. A rare, sensibly priced product from Apple.

If they are having that much difficulty keeping it connected to the wireless network it is most likely a wireless issue (interference). I used to take calls about these all the time and never had any with connection issues unless there a bunch of interference.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by kitsune:

said by Nezmo:

If they are having that much difficulty keeping it connected to the wireless network it is most likely a wireless issue (interference). I used to take calls about these all the time and never had any with connection issues unless there a bunch of interference.

Probably. It was ages ago. I am sure they have now moved to a more current model of the ATV.

My ATV2 is rock solid now. I used to have issues waking it up so I just set it to never sleep. Even that may be okay now with several iOS updates since I had the problem. The wake from sleep problem was likely Bonjour related. The latter is very weak on Windows.