how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Brand New characters to level.

Ok so I have an idea. Just out of shear boredom and getting bored with the lfr and dungeons I want to level a brand new toon or toons on a pvp server. Any takers? And I'm talking on Illidan type pvp server.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

I don't know how many of us are on that server, but there is a very good representation on Mal'Ganis if you prefer to try as horde. You will get ganked and frustrated being flagged the entire time, but when you have help the typical gankers go running at the first sign of a fight. As far as new toon on brand new server... doing that now and it is tough to try to start fresh again, especially on a pvp server where there are those that just find keeping others from playing enjoyable.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Well, I play horde currently and I can say by experience that I've dealt with a bunch of dbags horde side on Mal'ganis. Not making the generalization that they all are, I just don't like dealing with elitists jerks(all though I can be one when I see a warrior being a baddie.) I just need a change of pace.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Cptbeatstix

you want to start a toon on a pvp and then in the same breath complain about dbags on malganis? dude, don't go to a pvp server. you won't survive. i'm not talking about getting ganked. i'm talking about how offended you're going to be from all the dbags on a pvp server in general.

i guess that's why i find pvp servers a lot more fun than normal.
--
Reading your post made me want to punch a kitten in the jawbone.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

1 recommendation

reply to Cptbeatstix

asshattery and pvp seem to share synchronicity. The concensus of most of the dslr posters indicates MalGanis seems to be exceeding expectations on that front. That being said, the correlation does not imply causation between asshattery and pvp. The inclusion of the third variable seems to force the other two into existance.

We've seen some good clean world pvp since the release of MoP, and we've seen some real griefing. I'm guilty of both.

As far as survival... I don't think personal preference can be tied to survival. Not putting up with dbags doesn't mean "death". There are some single celled organisms that live in very hostile environments, but more advanced organisms generally move away from such places. Its the natural order of things.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Cptbeatstix

With CRZ it might help with faction balance in a zone. You might not be able to grief as much depending on the zone and time of day.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Cptbeatstix

Never played on a PvP server... I do enjoy PvP, and I really don't see anything wrong with a low-level player getting ganked from time to time - seems like it would definitely add to the "tension" while questing. I do wish that there were some mechanism in place to prevent a lowbie from getting CAMPED, however. (Camping in battlegrounds is a completely different matter, as that's a valid strategy, and you're dealing with toons of roughly equal level.) A level 90 ganks a level 14 - lesson learned - keep your head on a swivel. Same level 90 camps the lowbie for 20 minutes, lowbie can't get anything done and logs out in frustration... lesson learned - some players enjoy making it impossible for others to play the game.
Something simple might be: "you can attack any player within 10 levels of you, as much as you want. If you attack a player more than 10 levels below your level, once the fight is over you have a 5-minute "cooldown" where you cannot attack that player." No idea how difficult that would be to implement, however.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

I like negative honor points... I like the idea of losing rep with certain factions based on dishonorable activities. I like the idea of becoming an "honorless target" for as long as you have the long rez timer. I also like the idea of having a hit-squad of ganker+3 lvls spawn out of nowhere to kill said ganker once an "honorless target" got killed by someone for the Nth time.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Cptbeatstix

I was talking dbags of the same faction, but not when playing against the opposite faction. I can take the pvp and ganking. Hell my first few years were on Shadowmoon. I never took part in ganking. I always live by ROE, don't attack unless attacked first.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

We have some new people just starting toons in Malganis if you want to give it a shot. they are around lvl 15-17 right now so you are not that far behind.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX

alliance or horde?

blackthought

join:2010-04-08
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Cptbeatstix

Got ganked last night again for the first time:) I enjoyed trying to get away lol. There's something about the paranoia of having to check your back ever second you're far away from town. Ganking is not griefing. Ganking is a part of the game. that second "W" stands for Warcraft afterall, we're at war, it's only natural.
--
»www.nomorenoob.com - Wow help site
Noob of the month - »www.nomorenoob.com/p/noob-of-month.html

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Cptbeatstix

said by Cptbeatstix:

alliance or horde?

Horde side Guild Aftershock

If anyone is interested add:

Jobbie#1227 is my B.Net Battle tag so you can add me and I can get you an invite.
--

Endbringer

join:2012-10-07
Fishers, IN
reply to Cptbeatstix

im about to level a 2nd toon my self and cant pick a class. i think im wanting a healer class and started a toon of each. what order of awesomeness would you give each class as far as healing goes?
maybe someone can start a poll...i dont know how lol

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX

For pvp, really a priest or mistweaver.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Endbringer

monk>shaman>druid>priest>paladin

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

Jobbie#1227 is my B.Net Battle tag so you can add me and I can get you an invite.

I swear one of these days I'm gonna see you on when I'm playing around on slaghappy, and get in the dang guild. LOL! I've seen you on, I'm just always on echo server with my mains. I actually spent a little time on him the other night, he's 19 now. Still sucks lvling without BOA gear, but I'm too cheap to pay to transfer an alt just for the gear.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

I will remind you when I see you online.

Should take a couple minutes.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

Thanks Jobbie, for everything! I'll do my best to get on the dark side more often to get him leveled!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

said by captokita:

Thanks Jobbie, for everything! I'll do my best to get on the dark side more often to get him leveled!

All good man, let me know how we can help you out.
--

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

I like negative honor points... I like the idea of losing rep with certain factions based on dishonorable activities.

There was a point in WoW history where dishonorable kills did actually exist. It was a horricfic system that completely halted world pvp while it was around. People who had any interest in getting PvP gear (by gaining ranks through farming honor - not the currency) would never think about attacking another city. Accidentally killing low lvl players and certain NPCs - all of which were happy to attack you - would butcher your rank.

IMO there's an easy solution to the CRZ problems. Make a separate copy for all characters above certain levels. For example, if you enter Loch Modan above level 50 (randomly selected #), you are in the 'above level range' copy of the zone. Griefing of people trying to level up would be for the most part solved if all who are above the range to realistically level within a zone are placed in a separate copy.

Just some quickly tossed together and perhaps not fully developed thoughts!
--
Eumaeus, Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [1/6] HoF