All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BaltimoreBob
@comcast.net

BaltimoreBob

Anon

[WildBlue] Girlfriend has WildBlue...check this out!!!

My girlfriend lives in Fawn Grove PA and I visited this past weekend. I have NEVER EVER EVER seen slower "high speed" internet in my life. I explain to her that she's getting ripped off, etc and tell her to call with the speeds that I got for her from a speed test. I talked to her about it yesterday and the WildBlue agent said shes getting what she paid for. She naturally hung up not knowing any better....Check out the numbers

pink 1400ms
download .06 Mbs
upload .06 Mbs

WildBlue customers, is this normal? HOw in the world is this company in business? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for the help
Spice300
Premium Member
join:2006-01-10

Spice300

Premium Member

Which service package does she have?

A ping time of 1400 ms is normal for Wildblue but slow for Exede.

A download speed of 60 kb/s is slow for the lowest speed package, Value Pack which is 512 kb/s.

An upload speed of 60 kb/s is about half speed. Sometimes it is that way and other times it is at the advertised speed for Value Pack, 128 kb/s.

If the speed test was performed during prime time, then the slow download speed is likely due to congestion or the Network Management Policy. Another possibility is that she has exceeded her usage limit and her speeds have been slowed until her usage drops below 70% of the limit.

Satellite Internet companies provide awful service and remain in business because we are a captive customer base. We get overpriced, poor quality Internet or nothing.
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov to BaltimoreBob

to BaltimoreBob
Click for full size
said by BaltimoreBob :

pink 1400ms
download .06 Mbs
upload .06 Mbs

Yes, Wildblue, which was designed before days of Youtube, when dialup was the norm, has slower speeds. But, Exede on the other hand is different, as can be seen via these test scores via Testmy.

From these results, it don't look like FIOS is too hot when compared to some cable providers, or even Exede.
Expand your moderator at work
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer to DrStrangLov

to DrStrangLov

Re: [WildBlue] Girlfriend has WildBlue...check this out!!!

said by DrStrangLov:

said by BaltimoreBob :

pink 1400ms
download .06 Mbs
upload .06 Mbs

Yes, Wildblue, which was designed before days of Youtube, when dialup was the norm, has slower speeds. But, Exede on the other hand is different, as can be seen via these test scores via Testmy.

From these results, it don't look like FIOS is too hot when compared to some cable providers, or even Exede.

Use Fios and then use Exede and tell us which you prefer. It won't be Exede.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

said by mogamer:

said by DrStrangLov:

Use Fios and then use Exede and tell us which you prefer. It won't be Exede.

Trust me, it will still be Exede.

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda

Anon

Yup, lol so true it would be exede lmao.