Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to elwoodblues

Re: Hard Drive Deals

Oh let Faxcap dream a little LOL.
Okay I asked in the mac forum about improving the lot of an early 2008 iMac and the recommendation was reverse of my twisted thinking so it looks like an SSD to replace the main 320 sata drive (will need a 3.5 to 2.5 converter tray, and get a cheap 750 or so 2.5 gig drive for the optical drive (using a sata to pata caddy).

So on the lookout for a decent 2.5 inch hard drive buy and an SSD drive probably 240 should be large enuff for OS and apps and the hard drive for storage of data files etc...

Another question, probably a stewpid one. Why don't they make 3.5 inch SSD drives.
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by Anav:

Oh let Faxcap dream a little LOL.

Hahaha....might be but he said their USA division has to come up
with great pricing for Black Friday to compete.

FaxCap

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to Anav

said by Anav:

Another question, probably a stewpid one. Why don't they make 3.5 inch SSD drives.

This has been answered (fits laptops and desktops), but server hard drives are this way too. SAS drives for servers are all 2.5 inch as well. It saves space and apparently power (less power to spin the smaller platters).

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1

I remember the first time I saw those SAS drives was when one of our (at the time) new HP Blade servers arrived. It came without the hard drives installed. I popped open a smaller package and it contained SAS drives. At first I thought HP-Compaq made a mistake and shipped some laptop drives... LOL..