share rss forum feed

crazypants

join:2011-02-25
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to morisato

Re: [DSL] VDSL - 25/7 Congestion

My main internet activity is live tv streaming in the evenings. I would be happy with 12-15 meg during prime time because it would be enough for this purpose, but the fluctuations in the bit rate causes constant buffering. I myself don't download because there's nothing worth downloading IMHO.

Calmuser

join:2011-10-27
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Hmm, this is still going on?

Still in my deciding mode on who to switch too when my Bell promo rate ends.

This congestion issue does not bode well in my book...

Would of prob gotten my neighbour to switch too, but not with these issues.

Maybe I should consider *shudder* Acanac!

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

said by crazypants:

customers are paying $68 a month and they should get a reasonable up-to speed.

For every DSLr user that would come here and lambast TSI for a weak connection, there are 20 Gramma Jones's and 20 Uncle Bobs that'll pay $68 a month every month without ever looking at their bill and be thoroughly ignorant of what they're getting for that $68. They connect. They get their email. They look at their Facebook. They're happy. That's it that's all.

Customers like us that are analyzing every bloody bit byte and baud are a total pain in the ass and barely worth the trouble.

Mike

i don't really think that is TSI's target market. it's also really bad form to oversell a service, this isn't the 90s anymore.

keltron

join:2012-12-26
North York, ON

I still think I'll make the speed upgrade from my 5mbit profile instead of switching to a Bell profile.

I can probably still live with the Teksavvy bandwidth inconsistencies as they are offset by Teksavvy's overage policies - Bell's max overage charges are 125GB and $80 Max (vs Teksavvy's 200GB and $20 + off peak hours)...

Bell's ability to give me true to speed will just bring me closer to their max cap

Anyone disagree with my reasoning?

crazypants

join:2011-02-25
North York, ON

Yeah I think we all agree that you are better off staying with Teksavvy's just for the awful 125GB cap and $80 Max for overage which would pay for a 2nd TSI account!

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to jmck

said by jmck:

said by dillyhammer:

said by crazypants:

customers are paying $68 a month and they should get a reasonable up-to speed.

For every DSLr user that would come here and lambast TSI for a weak connection, there are 20 Gramma Jones's and 20 Uncle Bobs that'll pay $68 a month every month without ever looking at their bill and be thoroughly ignorant of what they're getting for that $68. They connect. They get their email. They look at their Facebook. They're happy. That's it that's all.

Customers like us that are analyzing every bloody bit byte and baud are a total pain in the ass and barely worth the trouble.

Mike

i don't really think that is TSI's target market. it's also really bad form to oversell a service, this isn't the 90s anymore.

Their customer base changed when they started advertising on billboards, buses and on TV.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

dupe.

sunnyd71

join:2004-05-22
l7z2t4
reply to crazypants

Does the crtc have any hearings or proceedings scheduled for this topic (interconnection rates) currently?

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to crazypants

Bell's network seems to have an issue at the AGGREGATION point in the centre. For two or three days it's major packet loss.

Z
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

UnixMan

join:2012-10-14
reply to sunnyd71

TekSavvy, can somebody comment the issue and shed the light on any upcoming plans to finally fix this?

It seems like it's going to be ignored as a major problem. If so, then there should be an option for customers to pay up to $60 (in my case 2x$60) for such "up to" service!!!

keltron

join:2012-12-26
North York, ON

also looking for comments or update from TSI

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to crazypants

Hi guys,

I have requested to see if I can get my hands on a list of upcoming Network Upgrades and their ETA... Stay Tuned for updates.

Cheers,

Andre

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

Marc posted on another thread... FYI... »Re: [DSL] Network congestion tonight?