Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [DSL] VDSL - 25/7 Congestion

said by TSI Marc:

Think they mentioned simpler ones.. But yeah same company..

Nice... I hope the CRTC can fix this crap, so we may live to see that happen lol... I'm all for it...

crazypants

join:2011-02-25
North York, ON
reply to TSI Marc

You will have cost us (literally) $575.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to TSI Marc

It's also pretty much completely decimated our reseller network.. I think last I checked we were loosing money on more than 70% of the subs our reseller or wholesalers are selling.. Been trying to hold off doing anything crazy in the hopes that this all gets sorted soon...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

For the rates.. Just think about it.. There's a flat rate just for the line.. Then it's $23 per mbit... So at 25 mbit.. If you use your full 25 mbit at 10-11 PM each night all month long.. You will have cost us (literally) $575.

Holy freakin smokes... just for an hour of full usage each day in peak time?

Thats utter insanity...
--

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Yeah basically even the caps don't really make sense to be honest.

If its not at peak time.. It doesn't really matter.. It's not costing us a thing.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to crazypants

So maybe you should of waited things to get better before selling faster speed on DSL... like electronic box ?

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to crazypants

ya noticing a severe speed crunch tonight pushing 7-8 mpbs on my 25/10 ouch. if its costing money for me to be a subscriber something is messed up and tbh I primarily use my connection during primetime.. ugh Now i feel like i should switch so teksavvy is not losing money on me
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Yea huge diff between Bell & TSI logins tongiht...

--

crazypants

North York, ON

wow, that just says it all.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to HiVolt

I have also just tried reconnecting several times, and tried to see if I land on a different gateway... I was only able to see two different addresses... There used to be more of these, no? or are these like the two bigass ERX's with a bunch of blades in them now?

as you can see huge variances... so the reconnect remedy isnt even working now...
--

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7

It's not the ERX you land on, it's the AGAS which you won't be able to tell from your end.

crazypants

North York, ON

1 edit

so it's like playing Russian roulette with your modem.....you may get the chamber with the bullet.

morisato

Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

these posts from marc about DSL costing them money and , How its not worth adding capcity etc.. is very concerning for me and just makes me feel bummed to complain that the SLowdown is crashing my diablo3 with massive lag ugh.
--

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7

hum...there's something else going on for you, I've been playing Diablo III myself tonight just fine.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Gabe

said by TSI Gabe:

It's not the ERX you land on, it's the AGAS which you won't be able to tell from your end.

Yeah I didn't think so now... Back in the day we could because they were separate IP's when you only had like 3-4 1gig AGAS, eh?

Good ole days hehe...
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Gabe

said by TSI Gabe:

hum...there's something else going on for you, I've been playing Diablo III myself tonight just fine.

You probably h4x0r3d a priority connect for yourself

morisato

Oshawa, ON

No My line is clean, So i am attempting with a new ip i was pushing down to 6/7 megs a second now pulling 20 on a new ip
--

Amanda83

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by crazypants:

So the $52.99 is just not cutting it. Amazing that we pay $68 for 25/10 (mind you I only get barely 7 U/L) a month and you are losing money. As you said, it seems to be that the CRTC ruling is really not working out.

Also, I want to add that I have stuck it out with TSI all this time, since I shivered at the idea of going to the big bad wolves.

Yeah no worries. I'd rather you stay.. Even if I'm loosing money.. It's only temporary...

For the rates.. Just think about it.. There's a flat rate just for the line.. Then it's $23 per mbit... So at 25 mbit.. If you use your full 25 mbit at 10-11 PM each night all month long.. You will have cost us (literally) $575.

Wow! Marc this is crazy. Do you lose the same amount of money on ADSL users?

P.s. I appreciate you sharing this. Oh! And I recently helped a friend sign up for cable 16 and tektalk. They love it!

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Primus Telecommu..
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by TSI Gabe:

Yeah I didn't think so now... Back in the day we could because they were separate IP's when you only had like 3-4 1gig AGAS, eh?

Good ole days hehe...

Which we are at the mercy of Bell.. again. I believe you get aggregated to Tek's RADIUS server by your realm from Bell's BAS concentrator (at torIX), then if authentication passes, Bell's concentrator will aggregate you over one of their LNS's (AGAS links) to Tek's ERXs.

crazypants

North York, ON
reply to kovy

said by kovy:

So maybe you should of waited things to get better before selling faster speed on DSL... like electronic box ?

A good point was made here, TSI should stop DSL sales until this is sorted out. Unlike cable, this would have to be on a larger scale since it doesn;t depend on one specific area (i.e. POI)

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

Marc (or Gabe), have you heard if Bell has lifted the rate limiting yet?

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Bump...

crazypants

North York, ON

Bump....again

Dufus

join:2010-10-20
Scarborough, ON
reply to crazypants

Is congestion still an issue?
Those of us on the fence waiting to order would like to know!

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to crazypants

Yes, there still appears to be nightly congestion on the 25/7 service. Last night the max downstream was down from 25 to 17, but services were impacted worse than that indicated; neither TwitchTV nor YouTube could stream without buffering.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Its getting silly, to be an issue for so long...

I wonder if I can get teksavvy to modify my account that I have no dsl login, just sync and reduce the price... I wont be using any bandwidth, i'll use a Bell login.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Marc (or Gabe), have you heard if Bell has lifted the rate limiting yet?

Next week
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Ok, cool. Hope that helps.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

just curious, while bandwidth is being starved, is there any packet loss?

i need to dump cable because of the pathetic 1mbit upload and i'm ok with going down to 10-15mbit at peak as long as there's no packet loss or latency increase.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to crazypants

There is some packetloss. It's hard to measure because it seems to be primarily on large packets. So you could ping something at the default packet size until the cows come home and that doesn't have any problems, but then you run a speed test and can visually see stalls caused by packetloss. While working with wireshark yesterday, I also saw some TCP retransmits despite not being able to spot any packetloss via standard pings.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org