uniqs
share rss forum feed

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada
reply to alkizmo

Re: Gas lines and DIY

said by alkizmo:

Someone needs to send this link to Mythbusters.
They did an episode on whether a building can blow up from a gas leak (based on a Jason Bourne movie) and they couldn't replicate an explosion.

They need to revisit the myth because that building obviously blew up!

Hum... go watch that episode again since they did blow up the house but only reached that by increasing the amount of gas in the house.

They only failed to do it like in the movie.

XPAMD
Premium
join:2002-06-08
united state
said by XoX:

said by alkizmo:

Someone needs to send this link to Mythbusters.
They did an episode on whether a building can blow up from a gas leak (based on a Jason Bourne movie) and they couldn't replicate an explosion.

They need to revisit the myth because that building obviously blew up!

Hum... go watch that episode again since they did blow up the house but only reached that by increasing the amount of gas in the house.

They only failed to do it like in the movie.

That episode was based in the movie where the guys shoots (i forget which gun) through a carton of milk which supposedly prevents the explosion. They proved that its not the milk, but the gun doesn't produce enough spark.

It wasn't until they changed from Natural gas to Hydrogen Gas could they get an ignition if I am not mistaken.

Gas will ignite with the RIGHT ignition source/temp and gas/air mix.

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1
said by XPAMD:

That episode was based in the movie where the guys shoots (i forget which gun) through a carton of milk which supposedly prevents the explosion. They proved that its not the milk, but the gun doesn't produce enough spark.

It wasn't until they changed from Natural gas to Hydrogen Gas could they get an ignition if I am not mistaken.

Gas will ignite with the RIGHT ignition source/temp and gas/air mix.

/Facepalm

Yes I remember now!
They also tried to start an explosion by putting a magazine in a toaster.

They weren't actually trying to make an impressive explosion.