MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to CYYZ

Re: [Express] Possible to get a good internet deal?

I called a few weeks ago to cancel my service since I'm moving and decided to go with Start instead of Rogers (though except for the price and caps, I have nothing bad to say about Rogers - the service has been pretty much rock-solid for over 6 years here). All they could offer me was a 15% discount for a year. Note that Internet is the only service I have with them. The best bet is to just call and try. Promotions change all the time.

For throttling, enter your postal code here: »promo.orderrogers.ca/trafficmana···-traffic

CYYZ

join:2012-11-08

Thanks very much for the reply!

I called two times today and the best they could offer was to beat Teksavvy by 1 dollar but keep in the crappy 80GB cap and speeds of 25 down, 2 up and didn't budge on the modem rental.

Told them no thanks. Guess that's what 25+ years of service with Rogers gets you.

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Sadly, in some cases, it can actually be cheaper to keep cable TV. If I subscribed just to Ultimate internet that's $120 taxes in. Keep basic cable TV at $40, and then 70% off Ultimate becomes $36, so taxes in I'm less than $80 for both services!

The same math on Express shows internet only to be $63, or bundle it with basic cable for 70% off and you can have both for $59

It's not the $45 you're looking for, nor does it have a higher cap, but you're essentially getting basic TV for free which is better than nothing.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to CYYZ

I completely can't understand how Rogers can be advertising/selling these new tiers/upgraded speeds when they're not available in all markets yet............