uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to Jackarino

Re: contract coming to an end...question

said by Jackarino:

telling them you might switch to another provider.

Does that really make a difference anymore? I'd love to know what percentage of people actually do make a switch after threatening. A friend of mine was having problems with Cablevision and threatened to switch if they wouldn't lower her rates. They said, "Ok, sorry to see you go".

When I call I simply ask for a better deal and they always do something for me.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1

For me, it works 9 times out of 10
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to Mac973

Cablevision reps often look up order numbers for FiOS, so they'll call your bluff on the threat of switching, but then cave if you actually have an order number to verify you're switching. Of course, you can cancel the FiOS order at anytime.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

said by Thinkdiff:

Cablevision reps often look up order numbers for FiOS, so they'll call your bluff on the threat of switching,

This assumes you're porting the phone number out so they can look to see if there's a record pending.

There's one thing I'll never do unless I'm actually going to do it. Never use the D word until you're serving papers. It'll never work afterwards if you change your mind.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

said by birdfeedr:

said by Thinkdiff:

Cablevision reps often look up order numbers for FiOS, so they'll call your bluff on the threat of switching,

This assumes you're porting the phone number out so they can look to see if there's a record pending.

No, in some cases the reps will actually look up your order number at verizon.com/orderstatus before playing ball with you.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

In order to use that site one would have to give CV the order number and zipcode, without it they would be unable to see any details.