MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to Jack_in_VA

MVM

to Jack_in_VA

Re: Gas lines and DIY

said by Jack_in_VA:

These incidents is why I will stick with my electric appliances. Stove, Dryer and Heatpump.

How many people are shocked or electrocuted vs the number of people are burned or killed in a gas explosion each year?

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by cdru:

said by Jack_in_VA:

These incidents is why I will stick with my electric appliances. Stove, Dryer and Heatpump.

How many people are shocked or electrocuted vs the number of people are burned or killed in a gas explosion each year?

I worked with enough gas at our power plant to last several lifetimes so I think I am fully qualified to have my beliefs. A gas furnace, water heater or stove is not in itself dangerous. They only become dangerous when DIY types who think they are experts start working on them.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by Jack_in_VA:

said by Jack_in_VA:

I worked with enough gas at our power plant to last several lifetimes so I think I am fully qualified to have my beliefs. A gas furnace, water heater or stove is not in itself dangerous. They only become dangerous when DIY types who think they are experts start working on them.

In one quote you say you're sticking with electric appliances because of these incidents. But then you say that the appliances aren't inherently dangerous, but the problem is that people who are unqualified work on them. Wouldn't unqualified or DIY electricians be no different?

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by cdru:

said by Jack_in_VA:

said by Jack_in_VA:

In one quote you say you're sticking with electric appliances because of these incidents. But then you say that the appliances aren't inherently dangerous, but the problem is that people who are unqualified work on them. Wouldn't unqualified or DIY electricians be no different?

They would but the subject issue is gas Gas Lines & DIY not electrical.