BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:159
reply to bigdaddy

Re: [Tampa] Static Residential IP addresses

said by bigdaddy:

I need to have the Ability for BHN to provide me with Reverse DNS Record's on my 5 IP addresses for my E-mail server and Web Server.

The domains I have are for Personal Use NON Commercial for me and my family's Use Only. I will not be using my IPs for any E-Commerce or Running a Small Business or any other Activity of that sort which would Require BHN Business Class Service.

Sorry...you need that and you will be getting business class...it is not an option for residential service. I gave you the proper work around in IM.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by bigdaddy:

I need to have the Ability for BHN to provide me with Reverse DNS Record's on my 5 IP addresses for my E-mail server and Web Server.

The domains I have are for Personal Use NON Commercial for me and my family's Use Only. I will not be using my IPs for any E-Commerce or Running a Small Business or any other Activity of that sort which would Require BHN Business Class Service.

Sorry...you need that and you will be getting business class...it is not an option for residential service. I gave you the proper work around in IM.

Thank You

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to sambowomble
Static IP's are now available for all Tampa and CFL customers.

Ziroc

join:2008-11-10
Lakeland, FL
Hey BHNtechXpert, upgraded to Lightning 90!! But here are some issues:

I HAD the old business class 'virtual office' ultra plan, which was 20/2 (I think it was 2), anyway, a few months ago, they dropped the price of our bill, and we were wondering why.. well, I did a speed test last night and I had 10/1... ugh..

See, I have 5 Static IP's, and so I figured I'd go for the lightning 90/10.. since I have had the same IP for YEARS, I'd like to keep it, but understand if I get a new set of 5 IP addresses.. question is, at network solutions, what do I enter for my dns nameservers? Since its not BIZ anymore--or is it?

And a second question -- I pay for newsgroups, and when I download files using SSL, it says "Cannot download file". but in non-ssl it will download it fine.. is it a setting in the modem? (New Surfboard model). And why is it that you gotta unplug the cable wire and unplug it and plug it back in to log into the modem's settings.. (192.168.100.1)

Is that normal? I REALLY need the static IP's for my personal website and email server. If I can't I'll have to cancel it. and I don't want to I love the speed!!!

Thanks man! I appreciate your time.

Dan Huling

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Are you hosting websites from home? Otherwise there would be no reason to change anything with Network Solutions.

If you already have 5 IP's I see no reason why you can't keep them....when you place the order you need to specify this.

As for the SSL thing not enough information was provided.

The last question do you have a router behind our modem?
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Ziroc

Lakeland, FL
Na, I removed the router.. its odd.. maybe its on their end.. will email them.

Since I'm residential now, and still have the 5 static IP's, I should be able to host my website right? Just need to call them? Could I give you the info and see what you can do? Along with this new modem/lightning, I got a new IP address. And I ran a personal mail server. Do I need to worry about having them create a new MX record for me again? (mail.ironworksforum.com)

Let me know if you can help, I trust you a lot, and you've helped so many. I have the list of IP's I had.. (only used 1, but may use the others sooner or later lol).

Thanks man,

Dan Huling -- if you want me to create a private post with info and such, let me know.

telijah
Premium
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL
reply to sambowomble
Just chiming in that I am a residential customer, with a static IP, and have BHN's modem in bridge mode to use my own router.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Ziroc
said by Ziroc:

Na, I removed the router.. its odd.. maybe its on their end.. will email them.

Since I'm residential now, and still have the 5 static IP's, I should be able to host my website right? Just need to call them? Could I give you the info and see what you can do? Along with this new modem/lightning, I got a new IP address. And I ran a personal mail server. Do I need to worry about having them create a new MX record for me again? (mail.ironworksforum.com)

Let me know if you can help, I trust you a lot, and you've helped so many. I have the list of IP's I had.. (only used 1, but may use the others sooner or later lol).

Thanks man,

Dan Huling -- if you want me to create a private post with info and such, let me know.

Yep lets do this in direct and we'll figure it out...
--

Ziroc

Lakeland, FL
reply to sambowomble
Thanks, will post it there now.