how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bernster

join:2004-07-31
Fort Lauderdale, FL

[Equipment] AT&T 4 line wireless phone with Linksys SPA8000

I presently have an office with the SPA8000 connected to a digital PBX. Phonepower is our provider. We have 4 lines with the same one phone number which is used by all of the 4 extensions with a hunt group provided by the SPA8000. We are relocating and will not be using the PBX. I was thinking of purchasing an AT&T SB67118 DECT 6.0 4-line corded/cordless small business system. Phonepower tech support indicated the AT&T phone would probably work with the SPA8000 but was not sure.

I would like to know if the AT&T system will work with the SPA8000 and provide a hunt group.

My goals are to have the wireless extensions able to pick up any of the 4 lines, good sound quality, have intercom, paging, music on hold and also have outgoing caller id reflect the same number for all 4 lines.

The tech at Phonepower said that they have had some problems with 4 line phones but did not have experience with the AT&T system. The AT&T system is promoted as a KSU-less phone system as the KSU is built into the phone. I do not see why this should present a problem with Phonepower or the SPA8000 as I am presently utilizing a KSU/PBX with the SPA8000.

The tech also suggested I look into a hosted cloud PBX at Phonepower. But I am unsure how that would work with the AT&T system. I am not wedded to either this provider or this equipment but I do want to meet my goals.

I tried to use the Panasonic wireless IP phone system, however, I thought it was not that great and returned it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

I don't own that phone, but I do own a SPA8000. As far as the two being compatible with each other, I don't see any issue since the phone takes analog inputs and the SPA8000 has analog outputs.
The line hunting for inbound calls must be supported by the SPA8000 and it definitely is, as long as the VoIP provider can supply a SIP trunk that allows 4 channels (or whatever the number of channels you require). For outbound, the phone must be able to select the first line available. I have no idea about that part but I am guessing it should.
Maybe a good place to start is reading the reviews (lots of them on Amazon, see »www.amazon.com/SB67118-4-Line-Ex···points=1)
--
Providers: voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro through asterisk. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH
kudos:1
reply to bernster

Hunt groups work on that ATA if you have the newer firmware.

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

said by VexorgTR:

Hunt groups work on that ATA if you have the newer firmware.

That's what I was saying, but it's only inbound. For outbound the phone must know what analog linea are in use and select the next one available.
--
Providers: voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro through asterisk. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net