join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY
reply to DelmarPip

No thanks.

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to DelmarPip

Makes you wonder if any GTA:SA characters will make cameos in this version. It would be funny to see run ins with CJ, The Truth, Wu-Zi, and some of the others.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

said by AZ_OGM:

Makes you wonder if any GTA:SA characters will make cameos in this version. It would be funny to see run ins with CJ, The Truth, Wu-Zi, and some of the others.

Funk that. I thought most of the SA characters were just not that memorable, especially CJ, with his every third/fourth word being a curse word. Cussing is second nature to me, but hearing it as much as it happened in that game, just walking down the street, was just juvenile.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

TSI James
TSI James
Premium
join:2008-02-22

Got this on Pre-Order myself...almost started a new game in IV last night but Black Ops 2 is taking all my time lol.
--
TSI James - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

AcidDevil

join:2002-07-02
7th Layer
reply to DelmarPip

Yea............I think I'm skipping this one..no interest in the characters what-so-ever.

Plus I HATED San Andreas......I'll wait on the next one, which should be what.......4 years from now?
--
"Give the mouse a cookie...and the motherfucker will want a glass of milk too..."

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to DelmarPip

Looks great, I can't wait either. Finally another reason to put something in my PS3 other than a blu ray movie.

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to DelmarPip

Who knew a game would bring out the whole east coast/west coast rivalry?
My first taste of the GTA franchise was Vice City and it was a great game except for the fact that Tommy couldn't swim. WTF is up with that?
San Andreas was my favorite game mainly because of the west coast environment. I gew up and spent considerable time in LA, SF, and Vegas. Granted the cities aren't laid out perfectly, but it made for a fun game for me. As for the constant swearing in the game, the Grove Street gang aren't exactly boy scouts. But like most video games, exaggeration is always going to be a factor.
IV was my least favorite game. Although it was graphically superior to all the others and the vehicle physics gave it a more real aspect, the game left me flat in the end.
Five looks promising and am willing to give it a try. It will be interesting to see if Los Santos will include Orange County as well.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Everyone has different tastes. I have sworn everyday of my life since eighth grade, but the amount that was happening in San Andreas would have made Tarentino blush.

As for GTA4, I liked it more because the main character felt grounded in reality and you could really get the feeling that he had been through a meat grinder with the different events that happened throughout his life. The part where he is going to save his cousin in a warehouse and he is just raging and yelling, "You do NOT f*** with MY FAMILY!" It just made him into a believable character, to me.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state

said by Goggalor:

Everyone has different tastes. I have sworn everyday of my life since eighth grade, but the amount that was happening in San Andreas would have made Tarentino blush.

As for GTA4, I liked it more because the main character felt grounded in reality and you could really get the feeling that he had been through a meat grinder with the different events that happened throughout his life. The part where he is going to save his cousin in a warehouse and he is just raging and yelling, "You do NOT f*** with MY FAMILY!" It just made him into a believable character, to me.

Agreed. I loved the story in GTAIV. Great characterization IMO. I kind of wish Nikko would make another appearance.