Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·callwithus
reply to alkizmo

Re: Structural Question, Floor Joist Holes

Thanks, everyone, the fifty-year "test" is what I thought, too, but I wanted more opinions. I told him not to put a big aquarium over that area and he can live with that (he does have an aquarium, so it wasn't entirely in jest).

As for the copper tubing, I really just noticed that while looking at the picture. The house is heated with gas, but oil was a popular option in the past. My son is putting an offer on it today so, if it comes to that, we'll track down where that seems to come from. If it goes "into the ground" and it looks like there's a tank there we'll put that on the seller to remove and have inspected.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1

Make sure there was no oil tank ever installed or if one was removed that proper inspection paperwork was done when removed.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·callwithus

said by pende_tim:

Make sure there was no oil tank ever installed or if one was removed that proper inspection paperwork was done when removed.

Assuming his offer is accepted (the seller's agent thought it would be, we'll hear today) we're going over there tomorrow with a house inspector. We'll DEFINITELY look for evidence of an oil tank and what the deal is with that copper line.