JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
reply to McBrain

Re: [MoP] How I came within seconds of an uninstall last night

said by McBrain:

(snip) Blizzard obviously couldn't bill my expired credit card.

You'd be surprised LOL. I don't know how long it was going for but they kept billing my uncle's CC even after it expired in 2008. When I started using that account I switched it over to my CC so I don't know how long they would have continued to bill an "expired" CC. Would have been interesting to find out.

Then again a card usually doesn't get a new number when a replacement is sent because it expired so they could have just kept incrementing the expiration month/year and it went through. I've also seen a case where the wrong name can be on a CC and it will go through just fine (all else matching).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

just as long as the equation for checking the card comes back good.

XBL for along time had an expired card listed for me, I think if they hadn't some how sent bills into oblivion I would have been downgraded to silver.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to JoelC707

My first name is misspelled on my card (Jonathan vs. Jonathon), but it's never been an issue before...it's even misspelled (Jonathan) on my driver's license.

I had very similar, but not as drawn-out complications when I transferred to my current server...Same thing happened basically, couldn't get the cc info to validate on the site, then it worked first thing in the morning.

Was weird...anyhow, my new card is on my billing profile now and I shouldn't have to deal with these shenanigans again...hopefully.

Never met a person who has issues taking your money though, weird.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

Oh they're out there, I'm come across companies that flat out don't want my money.

JoelC707
Premium
Lanett, AL
reply to McBrain

See, a slight misspelling of the name like that is one thing and I can see them forgiving that. My dad let me use his CC one time and the person on the phone didn't know it wasn't my CC. She ran the card with my name instead of his name (completely different first name, same middle and last). It went tough just fine and I didn't even notice until I went to pay the bill online next month and saw his CC listed and saw the incorrect name.

Fortunately I don't recall ever having issues paying for anything with Blizzard but like Jobbie, I have used PayPal to pay them before too so I have a few options. And if all else fails I can go buy a time card somewhere. The downside is time cards don't fund xfers or such and I'm not sure you can use PayPal for all transactions (don't remember what it was I couldn't fund at Blizzard with PayPal).

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

I pay everything I do with Blizzard with Paypal (game time, transfers and games) and no issues so far.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

JoelC707
Premium
Lanett, AL

What about the annual pass? I signed up for that and I'm thinking that might be it. I know PayPal supports monthly automatic payments like a CC (and hell, I even have the PayPal debit card so I could still do that route), so it should be supported. And maybe whatever it was, was temporary and now they support PayPal for everything.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

I pay my annual pass each month with paypal manually, It can be setup to bill paypal every month but I like to control when I want to pay.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.