J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: Let's Clear Cut All Southern Ontario!!

said by Gone:

Anyone with an anaphylactic allergy to peanuts or any other nut knows that there's no such thing as a sense of security anywhere but in your own home. They never rely on anyone else but themselves, and always have their epipens with them in case they screw up themselves.

There is a school in Kitchener that banned all nuts, milk, sugar, pork, citrus and wheat products from a classroom. Between allergies, intolerance's and religious beliefs, just about every food was banned. Good grief, now we're banning outdoor stuff.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

My kids' school has banned wheat products as well (the nuts/shellfish/peanuts is a given). I was not aware that wheat allergy was that severe?

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by mr weather:

My kids' school has banned wheat products as well (the nuts/shellfish/peanuts is a given). I was not aware that wheat allergy was that severe?

Neither did I. Although it was only 1 classroom. Otherwise it's nut free only.
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf to J E F F4

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

There is a school in Kitchener that banned all nuts, milk, sugar, pork, citrus and wheat products from a classroom. Between allergies, intolerance's and religious beliefs, just about every food was banned. Good grief, now we're banning outdoor stuff.

A day will come when the only thing kids will be allowed to eat at school will be food squeezed out of sterilized tubes that has been pre approved to meet the needs of the Human Rights Codes and "ultimate duty to accommodate".

What will be allowed in that tube is another question. Is anyone allergic to oxygen?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to mr weather

Premium Member

to mr weather
In other news, people have some bad allergies to the sun. Plus it gives us cancer. And sometimes causes fires. Maybe they should also look into building a device that will block out that horrible ball of fire and keep our potentially allergic to the sun kids safe while they're at it.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to mr weather

Premium Member

to mr weather
said by mr weather:

You mean like bread -- the kind sandwiches are made of? I can see that in the future the only acceptable lunch for the poor kids will be a stick of wood, or gnawing on the leg of their chair. And then even that will vanish, because all the trees were cut down, or someone is allergic to wood...

Tenar
join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON

Tenar to ekster

to ekster
said by ekster:

...Maybe they should also look into building a device that will block out that horrible ball of fire and keep our potentially allergic to the sun kids safe while they're at it.

"Excellent"

analog andy
join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC

analog andy to J E F F4

to J E F F4
5 years ago my kids school banned all products with nuts in them. Apparently one kid in the whole school of 300+ was allergic to nuts so the whole school had to suffer.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to markf

Premium Member

to markf
said by markf:

A day will come when the only thing kids will be allowed to eat at school will be food squeezed out of sterilized tubes .....

Soylent Green??
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So ··· nt_Green

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

Maybe they should also look into building a device that will block out that horrible ball of fire and keep our potentially allergic to the sun kids safe while they're at it.

Funny you say that, since that is one thing they're looking at, in particular, to control global warming, and also where the ozone layer is thin.
J E F F4

J E F F4 to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

said by markf:

A day will come when the only thing kids will be allowed to eat at school will be food squeezed out of sterilized tubes .....

Soylent Green??
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So ··· nt_Green

Would have said no, but since it's not soy based (which is also banned in some classes) I'll say it's a go.

neochu
join:2008-12-12
Windsor, ON

neochu to markf

to markf
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aq ··· rticaria - allergic like reaction to water.

allergy to everything (78 different triggers)
»www.dailymail.co.uk/heal ··· ine.html

Several others...

My belief is this is us letting our immunities run amok and let our bodies turn super hypersensitive to any sort of external stimuli. This is especially true with some of these environmental conditions and things like wheat (gluten which includes all of the most common grains), dairy (lactose intolerance is not a deadly condition), and other items.

Tree and other nut allergies though are probably genetic as these people have specifically developed severe immune responses (which cause the anaphylaxis)

without seeing more though I cant tell if the population with such life risking sensitivity have increased because of our own paranoia, or if its just the same population that is getting more attention then usual...

Because clearly its not benefiting anyone to the point where to balance out the rights completely, you cant eat anything in that location at all.

Humans have never been tested to the protien sensitivity in acorns. Its also one of our ancient foods so they may not even have the same protien as other tree nuts do.

Even then acorns don't have the trigger protien in their hard outer casing, its in the nut itself.

The woman screaming about this clearly has no understanding of how science works and is acting like a Dufus. hopefully our elected officials will make a decision based on sound science and tell this lady to put her kid in a sanatorium if its that dangerous.

Besides you can always go out and vacuum these things up.

Shub
@videotron.ca

Shub to analog andy

Anon

to analog andy
said by analog andy:

5 years ago my kids school banned all products with nuts in them. Apparently one kid in the whole school of 300+ was allergic to nuts so the whole school had to suffer.

A few years back the school wanted some new trees and a little flower garden planted in front of the elementary school. Then asked the parents to donate a Friday/Saturday to get it done.

The following Monday a parent complained her kid was allergic to bee's.

That same week school board order the few flowers removed and said no flowering type trees allowed.

Now they have an ugly shrub.

neochu
join:2008-12-12
Windsor, ON

neochu

said by Shub :

]
A few years back the school wanted some new trees and a little flower garden planted in front of the elementary school. Then asked the parents to donate a Friday/Saturday to get it done.

The following Monday a parent complained her kid was allergic to bee's.

That same week school board order the few flowers removed and said no flowering type trees allowed.

Now they have an ugly shrub.

Bees can be highly aggressive and somewhat dangerous, especially to kids who are going to panic and possibly not have the capacity to know how to act around them. They can also fly move and seek out sensitive targets for destruction.

Acorns are passive and there is no science to prove yet that they carry allergic nut proteins. They are also not mobile intelligent nor can they swarm.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

You never know what those acorns can do.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Are those frikkin laser beams from its eyes?
Sweet.
I think the nutbar's head would explode if she came to where I live, not only are there oak trees, but chestnut trees everywhere!

I can just hear her explaining how the fruit is actually a mace to be used to bash someone's head in.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by EUS:

Are those frikkin laser beams from its eyes?
Sweet.
I think the nutbar's head would explode if she came to where I live, not only are there oak trees, but chestnut trees everywhere!

I can just hear her explaining how the fruit is actually a mace to be used to bash someone's head in.

Well, they are. We used to collect chestnuts, tie them together with fishing line and throw them at each other. Great fun.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

And then you all died from contusions, and/or allergies, right?
Good times, good times.