spc
Search similar:

uniqs
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf

DSL/Teksavvy Problems in Hamilton

Has anyone experienced any reliability problems with Teksavvy in Hamilton (near McMaster) or DSL reliability in that area in general.

For the last two weeks, my tenants connection has been cutting in and out. I've done the factory reset on the modem (Speedtouch 516) and swapped the phone cord out.

On the weekend, the line was at 100% capacity for speed, Monday 80%, today 79%, yet it keeps cutting out.

I'm on the 16Mb plan with the profile set to 19Mb. It has been good up to now (for the first 2.5 months).

Is it worth risking the $90 fee, or would cable be more reliable?

Is there anything I'm overlooking? I've spoken to Tek, but if it is a DSL reliability issue in the area, I will switch to Start and cable.

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

Hi markf,

I see that you said you spoke to us, were we not able to find the solution?

I would like to investigate this further if you wouldn't mind. Can you post in the direct forum or PM me and I will get someone to look into this for you.

Thanks
Pierre A
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf

Thanks TSI Pierre and TSI David (in PM).

It seems like other than a blip on Saturday night when the line stats were poor, it was an internal issue with my router.

Replaced the router and waiting to see what happens, but it seems like things are fine with the actual internet connection.

TSI Eric
TSI David
Premium Member
join:2007-06-25
Chatham, ON

TSI Eric

Premium Member

Great to hear this is resolved. If there is anything else we can help with don't hesitate to send a PM or post over our direct forum .

Have a great weekend,

David