Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mettachain

Re: What UI is this?

said by Snuffbox:

It's largely considered the best unit frame out there

said by mettachain:

It is NOT largely considered the best unitframe out there

No way to win this argument outright. But I was curious so I did some looking into it.

based on Curse.com:

• X-Perl Unit frames gets 435,947 Monthly downloads
• Shadowed Unit Frames gets 54,524 Monthly downloads.

before anyone declares a "win" here are some other stats
• HealBOT Continued gets 424,171 Monthly downloads
• Grid gets 280,589 Monthly downloads (lol, imagine if they counted all of the extras that you have to download for it be useful)
• VuhDO gets 165,059 Monthly downloads
• Pitbull gets a mere 22,090 Monthly downloads.

So we see where the popularity statistics rate. Now, who's got a way of comparing performance or which one is used by the better player/raid?

NOTE: in the interest of full disclosure, my first Raid Frame addon was X-Perl (BC) and when WotLK broke it horribly, I switched to SUF. I tried Healbot for a long time, Vuhdo for a couple of weeks, Grid for a month... and I was so very grateful to blizzard for finally improving their raid frames.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego (US:Nathrezim)
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
i am glad that you put in a disclaimer, we all know that just because its dl doesnt mean it is still in use i dl xperl for about 2 days then switched back to suf.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Immer
So, I just scoured the interwebs for a difinitive assessment of the "best" raid frame. Guess what? doesn't exist.

X-Perl is still a favorite... the most common complaints are the high memory use and "too much eye candy stuff". It's biggest pro is... it's been around forever and people who love xperl just love it.

PitBull is also a favorite. It was built to be more memory efficient and is highly customizable. lots of reference to AgUI.

SUF is considered the simplest to use, clean, and the lightest. Basically if you are looking for clean and fuss-free, go with SUF.

ElvUI is a different animal. Complete UI replacement. Either you like the whole package or you don't. If you find yourself "turning off" a majority of the features in ElvUI... you probably could have gotten by with a smaller addon.

Grid is cool-looking, fine for non-healers right out of the box. Customize "look and feel" to your heart's content. In my personal opinion... the worst way to go for being an informed healer especially when compared to the wealth of information provided by the stock raid frame.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego (US:Nathrezim)
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.