spc
uniqs

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine to Anon

to Anon

Re: Firefox is really great

Then you didn't bother to look at or understand what I linked to but I understand because it's filled with developer info a user wouldn't understand. However, the score shows IE10 is an inferior browser.

While I have always said browser choice nowadays is just personal preference, choosing IE is never one to make. It holds back the web by forcing developers to avoid or workaround modern technology available on any other browser.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium Member
join:2007-08-13
Philippines

chrisretusn

Premium Member

You should just ignore those IE pest. They are only here to stir the pot with pointless drivel.

Firefox is indeed great! It's the best in my opinion.
Expand your moderator at work

howardfine
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine

When I say the same thing about FF on the Microsoft board, the post gets deleted.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon
Welcome to the Mozilla forum, I'm sure you can find the door to take your trolling elsewhere.

It's all you've ever used, and you're biased. Try using another operating system, and realize you can't get IE on any other operating system, along with realize that just about every other browser out there is better than IE after you use them.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon
said by floydb1982:

Internet Explorer has always been the best web browser ever in my opinion.

Can you explain better, as in tell us why you think IE is better? Just saying "IE has always been the best web browser...." doesn't really say anything.
Expand your moderator at work

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

Somebody had to be really obsessed with firefox hatred to come up with that web page.

howardfine
Saint Louis, MO

1 recommendation

howardfine

He's referring to a page that hasn't been updated since 2007 and contains its own lies and myths. It's well known among web developers for that.

Here's a more truthful page that no one can deny: »people.mozilla.com/~prouget/ie9/

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to nwrickert

Premium Member

to nwrickert
said by nwrickert:

Somebody had to be really obsessed with firefox hatred to come up with that web page.

It's old and outdated. I chose one add on that was listed as a security risk (Greasemonkey) and it was from years ago, long since fixed with a patch.

Not currently reliable information IMO.

Anyway, still love Firefox!

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to La Luna

Premium Member

to La Luna
Personally, IMO, I think Browsers are a personal preference. The majority of people don't really care about a Browser being "blazingly fast". So, your Browser of choice opens 1/2 sec faster, Big Deal.
Sometime its difficult to explain why one becomes "attached" to a Browser even though others may hate it.
I, personally, like FireFox because of my familiarity with it and the Add Ons which I am used to.
If I use Chrome and/or IE I feel uncomfortable. Everything, I'm familiar with is, in the wrong place. But, maybe, if I was using IE, on a consistent basis I would feel the same way.

howardfine
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine

said by capdjq:

Personally, IMO, I think Browsers are a personal preference.

I've been preaching that for years.
quote:
The majority of people don't really care about a Browser being "blazingly fast". So, your Browser of choice opens 1/2 sec faster, Big Deal.
It's amazing how many people claim that's their sole purpose in using any one browser. I think it's cause they need something to say to look like they know something.