join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

said by footballdude:

said by Deo85:

how are you guys getting to 80 so fast Oo I been playing for 3 weeks now for 4 hours a night M-F and am only up to 45 on my necromancer Oo

I just hit 80 last night on my engineer. I got the last three levels in five minutes from working on my cooking skill. It's faster, but it's expensive. I'm about broke now, but my cooking is at 380.

Grats on 80 man! I did the same thing with my engineer, the last two levels were all crafting. I'm working on a guardian now and haven't touched crafting; the leveling is noticably slower.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

Grats on 80 man!

Thanks. I wanted to level out before all the new stuff hits this weekend so I made an effort to finish it this week. I still need to finish up the personal missions and start working on gear (I honestly have no idea where to find level 80 gear) but I'm good to go on the invasion.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

said by footballdude:

(I honestly have no idea where to find level 80 gear)

I've been saving up my karma jars from daily achievements. I plan to pop a karma booster and drink 41 of them when one (if any) of my guys hit 80, then I can get an entire set of karma armor for no gold!

Is tomorrow the big patch?

Edit: I've read suggestion of buying level 79 gear, which are close to 80 in terms of stats but much cheaper, if you are just starting out.

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

The new event starts tomorrow, but I'm not sure if they will patch then or today. I had a small one yesterday.

I'm trying to level my crafting as I progress my toons. I've got a leatherworker maxed and am very close with a jeweler. After that I plan to work on a Huntsman (I think it is called). Hollar at me when you get to 80 and I'll be happy to craft what I can for you.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

said by TheBionic:

Grats on 80 man!

Thanks. I wanted to level out before all the new stuff hits this weekend so I made an effort to finish it this week. I still need to finish up the personal missions and start working on gear (I honestly have no idea where to find level 80 gear) but I'm good to go on the invasion.

This may be horrible advice, but I bought a set of yellow mf gear for cheap off the auction house at 80 and updated it over time. The increase in blues, greens and yellows mean more gold in your pocket to put toward buying better mf gear, etc. etc. until you can afford to either craft or buy the exotics you actually want. It's not fast but it does work. Of course you can also farm dungeons for the dungeon gear. I also completed maps over level 60, 2 guaranteed exotics for each one.

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

1 recommendation

facepalm

I got the dates screwed up. Internets says 11/16/12 at noon PST this thing kicks off. I suspect the patch that morning or previous evening.

Events:

November 15, 9:00 PST (17:00 GMT) Free trial period begins

November 16, 12:00 PST (20:00 GMT) Defend Lion's Arch - defend the city against the karka

November 17, 12:00 PST (20:00 GMT) Retake Lion's Arch - drive out the karka. Discover a brand new map - Southsun Cove, a new island located in the Sea of Sorrows

November 18, 12:00 PST (20:00 GMT) An epic multi-hour one-time event - Battle the Ancient Karka in Southsun Cove

To summarize, it looks like:

Invasion comes to LA. We get ass kicked and fall back. We regroup to retake LA and then take the fight to them.

We've all seen this scenario before. It will be fun to take part in the story for once.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Good summary man. I won't be on until late on Friday but I should be good after that. Stupid real life.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

4 edits

Packeteers to facepalm

Premium Member

to facepalm

i just got a weekend code from a fanboy on reddit, so level 20 - here we come - LOL

awww suck it... just found out i can't use code for old beta account, so i have to start from level 1 again - damn.

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to puppy

to puppy
Heads up! Big patch tonight. 675 MB or so.