spc
Search similar:

uniqs

windsor
@dmc.org

windsor

Anon

Distributel to Teksavvy help

Hi. I originally had teksavvy dry loop DSL 6 and switched to Distributel cable. I am thinking of going back to Teksavvy as I never had problems and customer support is always there. I called sales and they told me there would be a $50 activation fee plus 19.99 for something else i cant remember + service fee of the first month. Why would I have to pay for activating the line when I already payed months ago to activate it. I understand if I never had my line activated but in this case it doesn't make sense. I know this is the rules now mandated by CRTC but it doesn't make sense. I feel like its a money grab rather than doing the right thing and I know its not the fault of 3rd party ISP but the higher ones such as bell/rogers/cogeco passing these fees down. What is being done about that.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by windsor :

Why would I have to pay for activating the line when I already payed months ago to activate it.

If it was no longer in use, it would have been de-activated by Bell.

Past that, "activation fee" is more of a general term encompassing all the costs related to starting up a new account/service.

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34 to windsor

to windsor
The $19.99 is probably the Dry Loop Activation fee. Are you committed to going back to Teksavvy?

Since you have cable internet now, you MAY be eligible for Free cable installation with START cable internet. (I would verify that discount)

And if you're going with 6M DSL, installation of that service is Free with START. (other fees, such as Dry Loop Activation, and monthly Dry Loop Fee, will still apply)

Anyway, check them out here if you wish...
»start.ca/services/highspeed

You will be asked to enter your postal code, and then it will display what's available in your area...