spc
uniqs
despe666
join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC

despe666 to bt

to bt

Re: Teksavvy

Yes, and if that doesn't work, expect Christmas cards saying how it's not the same without you, and all kinds of other crap. I wish they'd put half the effort in keeping existing clients happy as they put in winning them back.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

said by despe666:

Yes, and if that doesn't work, expect Christmas cards saying how it's not the same without you, and all kinds of other crap. I wish they'd put half the effort in keeping existing clients happy as they put in winning them back.

I was never a direct Bell client in the first place and I'm still getting those cards from them with my name on it. :\

derekm
join:2008-02-26

derekm

Did you ever get a VDSL modem shipped to you (for GAS access)?

Seems that landed me on the list.

I've never (nor will I) had *any* service with Bell, phone, tv, mobile, etc., yet somehow they have my name, and I'm a valuable client (only after I shipped the VDSL modem with the wrong firmware back).

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Nope, I've always been with the 5mbps service. My only contact with Bell was for a dry-loop... which I am guessing is how they got it as they gave an official Bell receipt and all that for the work.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to derekm

to derekm
said by derekm:

Did you ever get a VDSL modem shipped to you (for GAS access)?

Seems that landed me on the list.

I've never (nor will I) had *any* service with Bell, phone, tv, mobile, etc., yet somehow they have my name, and I'm a valuable client (only after I shipped the VDSL modem with the wrong firmware back).

Despite the fact that it is against the rules, it appears that Bell might be using information gathered from wholesale customers for their marketing efforts.

We have salted some of our orders for staff with variations in spelling of names and the errors seem to propagate to Bell's marketing materials. We're going to do more research, but it appears there might be information leakage.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by HeadSpinning:

We have salted some of our orders

Very interesting. Seems it's already going on. But do keep us updated on this. I hope the other iisps are doing the same. I would submit this as a privacy breach to privcom. This is what is termed a privacy breach. Let me know, somehow, if you gather evidence of this. I have someone who has an ear over at privcom. It would also go against the spirit of the telecom act itself, as you know.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to HeadSpinning

Premium Member

to HeadSpinning
"We have salted some of our orders for staff with variations in spelling of names and the errors seem to propagate to Bell's marketing materials. We're going to do more research, but it appears there might be information leakage."

Do this under supervision of a lawyer - an officer of the court. Or swear affidavits if you do it. Either way, present the evidence to the CRTC.......or just sue Bell for $100MM damages, and press fraud charges too.