how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xenophon

join:2007-09-17

Softbank not likely to speed up LTE rollout

quote:
Fortunately for Sprint they've now got a rich sugar daddy in Japanese owner SoftBank, but the full benefits of that relationship obviously won't be available until the deal sees regulatory approval. Sprint continues to promise that major markets like New York and Washington DC are close, likely during the first quarter of next year.
The SB deal won't change the LTE rollout schedule but the $3B they already planted helps secure the existing plans. Sprint is blaming equipment lead time from manufacturers for the schedule.

The LTE coverage in KC really sucked at first but they have been improving it every week. I get solid LTE between home and work now, essentially the same as a voice signal, which was not the case with WiMAX.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
what speeds are you seeing?

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
said by Jim_in_VA:

what speeds are you seeing?

Up to 28mbps but typically 6-12... unlimited. The improved ping time is a bigger factor with most smartphone apps. Apps don't really need more than a few Mbps, it's the ping time that matters.

»dl.dropbox.com/u/3812896/Pics/An···tlte.png

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
looks great

Moropo
Premium
join:2002-07-28
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
·America Online
reply to Jim_in_VA
Theres no LTE in my house or university but I have driven to towers I know have LTE (as reported at »s4gru.com/) and look at the speeds I have gotten.

I know they wont stay like this once more people jump on it, but it sure is sweet.
--
math PhD student (University of Miami)

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
yup, impressive