how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wiperman

join:2000-08-18
Ocean View, DE

[DE] 100% Digital Conversion

Has the digital conversion been completed in my area (Ocean View De), if not when?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

I have looked over the conversion schedule and Oceanview is not scheduled to be upgraded before the end of the year. We should have an updated schedule at the beginning of the year. Check back here and I will look to see if the schedule has been updated.

wiperman

join:2000-08-18
Ocean View, DE

Chad,
Thanks for the quick reply. My understanding is that when an area is 100% digital more HD stations become available. Is that true?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Yes, that is correct.

dwiecking

join:2002-10-28
Bethany Beach, DE

OK-I admit it's not quite "the beginning of the year", but I'm curious if you have any info about transition to full digitial for Dagsboro, DE area. (Thought I'd posted this last night, but don't see it...) Thanks.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Unfortunately there has been no update at this time.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to wiperman

Their tiny market here is usually forgotten with this type of stuff. I would imagine you have some time. Don't forget, to keep all your channels you will eventually need a box or DTA on every tv in the house.
--
Ex-Comcast Tech at the Beach. I speak for myself, not my former employer.

JTR

join:2012-05-19
Carbondale, IL
reply to MediacomChad

Hey Chad, would you happen to have any idea what's going on with the "All-Digital" conversion in Carbondale, IL (ZIP 62901)? Are we going to see it soon, or will it be a while before it happens?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

I am not seeing an ETA at this time.

dwiecking

Bethany Beach, DE
reply to beachintech

I certainly like being able to use the remote controls that came with each TV because of the large number of analog stations on the system. On the other hand, I find it virtually impossible to follow a hockey game on analog CSN...

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

I completely understand.

dwiecking

Bethany Beach, DE
reply to MediacomChad

I had forgotten that 4 nearby towns (including Ocean View) were still in franchise renegoations with Mediacom to replace the 20 year old agreement (originally signed with American Cable TV, who went backrupt). I understand that these should be wrapped up in the next month or so, and assume that those of us in Unincorporated Sussex County will reap the benefits of these negotiations.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

Yes, another 20 years screwed by Mediacom while being surrounded by another cable company with better equipment, service, and offerings willing to take over the area if the greedy owner would offer it for a reasonable price.

Ask the people in Ocean Pines how they like their 20 year contract.