Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Crapigator

@rr.com
reply to hobgoblin

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Navigator

said by hobgoblin:

Problem here is the fanboys don't want to hear the facts."

As many people know, I worked for Adelphia and now Time Warner and have been a member of this site for close to 11 years.
I have helped countless people and I on every occasion rely on facts.
I have never been fond of anonymous posters with names like Slime Warner and Crapigator who just repost stuff they found somewhere else and say its fact.

DVR's on occasions will delete content or lose content, they sometimes will fail to record stuff. In almost every case this is related to hardware not software.

Hob

Ok, keep believing that. Explain how the SAME set tops ran fine with SARA or Passport, rarely missing or erasing anything, but somehow now are complete failures with Navigator loaded on them? I'm not bashing your help, but people need to know whats really going on. One of the biggest issues is the people working for Time Warner just flat out refusing to hold it accountable or admit it's bad. That's why I feel we are stuck with it. Navigator's "sometimes" is frequently. Maybe your division is better than Syracuse, but over here it rots. If Time Warner fixes it and it becomes a useful GUI, I'll tell people. As it stands, they need to be warned.

Satch

join:2009-11-25

3 edits
said by Crapigator :

said by hobgoblin:

Problem here is the fanboys don't want to hear the facts."

As many people know, I worked for Adelphia and now Time Warner and have been a member of this site for close to 11 years.
I have helped countless people and I on every occasion rely on facts.
I have never been fond of anonymous posters with names like Slime Warner and Crapigator who just repost stuff they found somewhere else and say its fact.

DVR's on occasions will delete content or lose content, they sometimes will fail to record stuff. In almost every case this is related to hardware not software.

Hob

Ok, keep believing that. Explain how the SAME set tops ran fine with SARA or Passport, rarely missing or erasing anything, but somehow now are complete failures with Navigator loaded on them? I'm not bashing your help, but people need to know whats really going on. One of the biggest issues is the people working for Time Warner just flat out refusing to hold it accountable or admit it's bad. That's why I feel we are stuck with it. Navigator's "sometimes" is frequently. Maybe your division is better than Syracuse, but over here it rots. If Time Warner fixes it and it becomes a useful GUI, I'll tell people. As it stands, they need to be warned.

All respect to Hobs for his help and support. But I have to agree with "Crapigator" that Navigator is the Achilles Heal of TWC services. It's just tolerable here in Wisconsin and Syracuse it has been a nightmare in that area and at least three other neighboring cities/divisions that use the same node. The Syracuse New York division with Navigator is DESPICABLE! They can't even do a theme based-line up for their customers in that region and the management could care less. Missed recordings, pixiations, constant reboots, apathetic personal in Syracuse. My friend is Syracuse is likely going to be switching provides, soley because Navigator there is a POS!

The only thing he's keeping is Internet, but things weren't even reliable with that until he started using his own equipment. TWC gave him a POS U-Bee Modem among other things. And he's got Signature Home with the supposed "White Glove Techs." LOL! The originally installer was really cool and did a good job! But the chats, CSR's, everything is the same mediocre experience that he had before Signature Home. The only improvement that he noticed, was a much shorter hold time on the phone. He's paying $200 plus fees and taxes, for mediocre crap.

Other divisions may be much better. But Syracuse SUCKS! And this guy's no schmuck. He's been in the tech business for twenty years, does home theater installs, computer repairs, even makes a living going out and fixing TWC screw ups. You can read about his Signature Home Experiences Here:

»www.avsforum.com/t/13375 ··· 20490674

Crapigator, shoot me a PM if you wanna talk further.

Oh yea, my friend in Syracuse once upon a time had the SARA software for five years. Butt ugly to look at! But take a guess at home many recordings it missed during that time?

ONE!!!!!!

Satch

Satch

join:2009-11-25
We got a Navigator patch update last night in Wisconsin,

Customer reported that his DVR space shrunk with this patch. (DVR went from like 60% to 30%.) So maybe this patch fixed that. I wonder if it also fixed the 30 day or so slow down, where the only option to fix is a cold reboot of the box?

Same version though ODN 5.2.09.

Satch

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
Same thing happened here. When I got up for work this morning at 3:45, the bedroom DVR was in the process of either downloading the update or rebooting after the update. When I left for work at 4:30 the living room DVR was getting updated and it didnt come online until 5:20 according to the diags.
--
12/7/41, 9/11/01, 11/6/12