Jammy
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Pittsburg, CA

8 recommendations

Jammy

Premium Member

[Pets] I finally have a cat!

His name is Indigo and he is six months old. My daughter went to PetsMart and adopted him at a cost of $50. She brought a big bag of food and a 37 pound bucket of litter.

He was neutered, had all of his shots, has a chip and is in very good health. He is as big as a 12 month cat. He is grey and when his fur parts his fur is silver. Maybe he has Maine Coon cat in him he is so big.

We are getting to know each other. He is still skittish and sleeps under my bed though he will lay on my bed if I am in the living room. He loves attention and will come in the living room meowing and when I get up he will walk in and out between my feet. I think he may be trying to trip me so I would break a hip or leg,lol.

I think he may have been abused by a former owner as he often times will get ready to run if I put out my hand to pet him. We will work it out eventually.

Jammy

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

1 recommendation

Dominokat

Premium Member

Awww..... congrats on the new cat!
It sounds like he is aquatinting well to his new home.
Don't worry too much about him wanting to run when you reach out. Over time he'll stop doing that.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

squirt to Jammy

MVM

to Jammy

I hope that you and Indigo enjoy each other's company for years to come!

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to Jammy

Premium Member

to Jammy
Love the name, love the color. Training a cat is not something I can advise any on, but maybe giving him routine will help him. I think lots of rescue pets have been abused and those of us that try to be nicer have a challenge to deal with, but rescuing pets is a good thing! Almost all my pets were rescues, and they loved me maybe as much because I rescued them as any other reason... May you two have a great time together!

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

3 recommendations

Santa Fe to Jammy

to Jammy

Here Tigger.....
If you've never seen a Tabby & Siamese mix-up, here's Tigger. Paw was Siamese, Maw was Tabby.

Now if only we knew if tmpchaos See Profile had been in the area around then?

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

tmp is Burmese, isn't he?

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Coello, IL

opus74 to Jammy

Premium Member

to Jammy
Good news.

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef to Jammy

MVM

to Jammy
Congrats on your new kitty!

WHERE are the pictures???

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

1 recommendation

usa2k

MVM

The Kat is probably hogging the computer now ...
keeping any pics under wraps

lonnyb
Blessed Beyond Belief
Premium Member
join:2004-01-25
San Antonio, TX

1 recommendation

lonnyb to Jammy

Premium Member

to Jammy
Congrats on the new family member. Now if you can get him to release that mouse so you can process pictures...

Jammy
Premium Member
Pittsburg, CA

Jammy to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat
said by Dominokat:

Don't worry too much about him wanting to run when you reach out. Over time he'll stop doing that.

Yes he has pretty much stopped that behavior already. He is just spoiled now. All of my catering to him . . .oh well . . .he deserves it. Now if he would only sleep on top of my bed instead of sleeping there during the day and under my bed at night.

Jammy

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

1 recommendation

Dominokat

Premium Member

said by Jammy:

Now if he would only sleep on top of my bed instead of sleeping there during the day and under my bed at night.

Jammy

Thats a good thing!

My cat sleeps by the sliding door or on the couch during the day. As soon as I go to bed, she runs right up there with me. And, she's a bed hog leaving me to a small portion of my queen size bed, while she gets the rest of it! You're lucky!

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to Jammy

MVM

to Jammy
said by Jammy:

Now if he would only sleep on top of my bed instead of sleeping there during the day and under my bed at night.

Jammy

Some cats prefer to sleep "away" from anybody, my kitty has always been like that, whereas our previous cat would snuggle right up to you and sleep.

When I get up in the morning and feed Crash, he then sleeps on the recliner in the livingroom. As soon as Anne gets up, he goes into the bedroom and sleeps on the bed. If he is ready to snooze, sometimes he will jump up on the nightstand and wait until Anne finishes making the bed, then as soon as she is done, walks onto the bed and curls up.

To Crash, sleeping is not a "group"activity!

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

2 recommendations

onDvine to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat
said by Dominokat:

... she's a bed hog leaving me to a small portion of my queen size bed, while she gets the rest of it! ...

Have you considered switching sides, Dom?
onDvine

1 recommendation

onDvine to Jammy

Premium Member

to Jammy
said by Jammy:

... if he would only sleep on top of my bed instead of sleeping there during the day and under my bed at night. ...

He probably just needs a little more time to adjust. Relatively speaking, home's still a new place for him.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

5 recommendations

Dominokat to Jammy

Premium Member

to Jammy
Click for full size
This is my cat "Callie" She is 15 years old now!
I got her from the shelter when she was 3 years old. She LITERALLY whacked me as I walked by her cage to get my attention. She got it alright, and she has been the most loyal and loving companion I ever had. (RIP Domino) Whether I am outside or inside, she follows me everywhere.
Edit add: She is a BED HOG!

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

onDvine

Premium Member

What a pretty girl she is!

Jammy
Premium Member
Pittsburg, CA

1 recommendation

Jammy

Premium Member

Pictures of Indigo should be forth coming! I have my pics on a mini and I need the larger piece to slide it into so I can put the whole thing into mu printer which is also connected to my computer. I transfer my pics that way.

Indigo is settling down after two months. He still likes sleeping elsewhere, like under a sofa(s), and I mean underneath as he tears a whole so he can crawl up inside the sofas. He has done the same thing to my bed, tore a new whole under the box springs where he can hide or sleep, lol.

My daughter brings him a toy every time she drops by. But he still runs from her for his own reasons i guess.

Thank you all for your tips! Beautiful pictures too.

Jammy