uniqs
itguy05
join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

itguy05 to Draiman

to Draiman

Re: Snowblower replacement...

said by Draiman:

It could be the entire world selling them and still with only 2 winters and one being VERY mild for everyone there's no one who could provide an accurate review given no Sno-tek is outside warranty yet.

Again last year's winter was only mid for the Northeast. The rest of the USA got normal snowfall. But yes only 2 winters worth of use it may be too early to tell. Then again my "junky" Craftsman is still going after 6 years. Only issue is the finicky emissions compliant Tecumseh carb. But that's probably due to my poor storage habits early on.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by itguy05:

said by Draiman:

It could be the entire world selling them and still with only 2 winters and one being VERY mild for everyone there's no one who could provide an accurate review given no Sno-tek is outside warranty yet.

Again last year's winter was only mid for the Northeast. The rest of the USA got normal snowfall. But yes only 2 winters worth of use it may be too early to tell. Then again my "junky" Craftsman is still going after 6 years. Only issue is the finicky emissions compliant Tecumseh carb. But that's probably due to my poor storage habits early on.

Let's add in some facts about last Winter since you're stuck on it being only for the NE part of the US. Only 9 states had an average winter last year.

"U.S. Winter 2011-2012 is Fourth Warmest in Recorded History"
»www.whitehouse.gov/blog/ ··· -history

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

Well, we'll see. I have a sno-tek and this winter is announcing itself to be a regular winter.

If I have problems, I'll be glad to report it
So far, it started last week for a ready check.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

I don't think there's anything inhenently wrong with the SnoTek machines - looking at them, they are very similar to the MTD built (Toro, Canadian Tire, lower end JD, etc) machines...

They just aren't an upper-end machine, either; despite being built by Ariens...

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF to ptrowski

MVM

to ptrowski
MTD snowblower engines are made in China. Parts availability is not an issue, and the quality is good. They aren't Chinese designed, they are designed in the US and built to specs. I would assume Snotek is similar. That said, I still like my Ariens.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj to ptrowski

to ptrowski
I finally wound up getting the Ariens Compact 24 from the Home Depot site for $799.99. I did a Live Chat with a rep who added in the 10% off Lowe's mover discount bringing the subtotal down to $719.99 plus 7.75% sales tax bringing it to $774.83. I ordered it through the Citi Bonus Cash Center site and hopefully will get 3% off of the $774.83 bringing it down to $751.58. It should be delivered to my home in the next week or two by a local Ariens dealer.

I just kinda felt uneasy about the Sno-Tek with its no-name Chinese motor. Are the Ariens Compact 24's and the Briggs & Stratton motors on these still made in the US?