Boothbay, ME

1 edit

1 recommendation

Dominokat to Jammy

Premium Member

to Jammy

Re: [Pets] I finally have a cat!

Awww..... congrats on the new cat!
It sounds like he is aquatinting well to his new home.
Don't worry too much about him wanting to run when you reach out. Over time he'll stop doing that.

Jammy
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Pittsburg, CA

Jammy

Premium Member

said by Dominokat:

Don't worry too much about him wanting to run when you reach out. Over time he'll stop doing that.

Yes he has pretty much stopped that behavior already. He is just spoiled now. All of my catering to him . . .oh well . . .he deserves it. Now if he would only sleep on top of my bed instead of sleeping there during the day and under my bed at night.

Jammy

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 recommendation

Dominokat

Premium Member

said by Jammy:

Now if he would only sleep on top of my bed instead of sleeping there during the day and under my bed at night.

Jammy

Thats a good thing!

My cat sleeps by the sliding door or on the couch during the day. As soon as I go to bed, she runs right up there with me. And, she's a bed hog leaving me to a small portion of my queen size bed, while she gets the rest of it! You're lucky!

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to Jammy

MVM

to Jammy
said by Jammy:

Now if he would only sleep on top of my bed instead of sleeping there during the day and under my bed at night.

Jammy

Some cats prefer to sleep "away" from anybody, my kitty has always been like that, whereas our previous cat would snuggle right up to you and sleep.

When I get up in the morning and feed Crash, he then sleeps on the recliner in the livingroom. As soon as Anne gets up, he goes into the bedroom and sleeps on the bed. If he is ready to snooze, sometimes he will jump up on the nightstand and wait until Anne finishes making the bed, then as soon as she is done, walks onto the bed and curls up.

To Crash, sleeping is not a "group"activity!

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

2 recommendations

onDvine to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat
said by Dominokat:

... she's a bed hog leaving me to a small portion of my queen size bed, while she gets the rest of it! ...

Have you considered switching sides, Dom?
onDvine

1 recommendation

onDvine to Jammy

Premium Member

to Jammy
said by Jammy:

... if he would only sleep on top of my bed instead of sleeping there during the day and under my bed at night. ...

He probably just needs a little more time to adjust. Relatively speaking, home's still a new place for him.